Just joined 2015 Dodge Journey Family. Couple questions.

AR7

Hey guys.

Just got my Journey yesterday and loving it so far.

Brand new Crossroad FWD V6. With 4 optional packages. And max care warranty plan.

- flexible seating group

- customer preferred

- navi and back up camera

- flex fuel, engine cooler. V6

Got a couple questions. What's the average you guys paid for yours with taxes and everything?

What MPG (realistically) should I be expecting? What should my first mod be? :)

What should I keep in mind? First time buying a new car, always bought used before.

post-10339-0-07587100-1420147703_thumb.j

have a 2014 crossroad v6 and paid about 22k with my chrysler discount and you will almost always avg 22mpg some city and some freeway driving,if you hot rod it about 17-19 with mostly city driving, if all interstate you will get 24 to 26 mpg maybe a little better if your going down hill all the time...LOL all depends on how you drive and the roads and elevation of your trip. also if you think of getting an air filter that you can clean and oil i bought a K-N it really wont help the mpg, had one on my 2011 journey and kept it for my 2014, it will save you on replacement cost of the air filters a little bit but after you figure in the cost of the filter and cleaning solution and re-oiling spray ( about $42. for the filter and if you need the oil about $8, i would not buy another one i would stay with the reg paper filters as they have come down in price,and with the K-N you have to wash it out then let it dry and then re-oil it takes a while so the paper filters are a lot easier to change out....

Edited by 2late4u

Welcome AR7, beautiful truck. I got a 2015 DJ SE on 12/21, paid less than the base of the car, don't drive enough to warrant all the bells and whistles. When it comes to price, there's a lot of variables in prices and DJs, is it a AWD or FWD? AWD is going to up the price by about 2K. Is your navigation a 5 year already turned on, or do you have to pay to turn it on? I looked into a Crossroad and was ready to camp out for a price of 25K, it was fully loaded, well every thing except for AWD, that was the deal breaker. It had leather stitched seats, moon roof, 5 year Nav, parking with assist, it even had WiFi connect, and other extras.

And as far as out the door, depends on whether the tags were transferred, was there a trade-in, state tax amount, and yes the extended warranty, I didn't bite on it, I don't have all the extras to worry about breaking that I can't fix out of pocket. So in the end you got a beautiful truck, wouldn't worry about comparing to others, just beam with pride, otherwise you'll go insane.

First thing on the list should be window deflectors. If you open your widows in the rain you'll get water on the window electronics, they'll burn out faster that way. Again, welcome, and Happy New Year!

Welcome to the forum. I trade in my 2011 Nitro, with all of the opions, so it is hard to say what I actually paid for it. There was a special going on the day I went in. A man form Chrysler was there. I qualified and received a $2,000 incentive to buy something. I also received my $500 Military discount. I went in to buy a Cherokee Trailhawk, but the DJ was $5,000 less, so it was a no brainer. I wanted the DJ as soon as I saw it: Copperhead Pearl glistening in the sun. I am curious to see how she does in the snow: FWD

Horror stories; that's the nature of the beast. Normally for every 20 complaints you'll get one person saying all happy things. That's the way it is even in retail I'm not sure how the guys deal with issues, as all cars have them, it's not the issue per say, it's how they deal with it. Do they ignore it? Fix it? Respond at all? So far the last car I really considered, they're ignoring people with transmission troubles, and I mean a lot of vehicles. With Dodge I had seen where issues aren't being ignored, anything from simple navigation concerns to bigger issues. So with me, service, responsiveness trumps anything that may happen with the vehicle.

BTW, did you get the tow package? If you did, and you're going to park on the street like that, get a tow ball and keep people off your back bumper. I know I know, I have a bit of a mean streak too....