Cell Phone Holder

PapaG

We were on a little trip this weekend. We were talking about a cell phone bracket-holder-mount. Any one use one? I think we might use it for a GPS too or not. My wife's radar detector takes up the lower center part of the dash.

I worry a little about those holders that mount on the a/c vents. They sometimes break the vents.

Thanks...

Edited by PapaG

I've seen cell phone/GPS mounts that stick to the windshield or the dash via suction cup. And for textured dashes, they make an adhesive mounted plastic plate, just big enough for a suction cup(I use these and put a dab of clear or black silicone on before I lay the suction cup, makes the bracket more permanent)

Edited by Sparkyssxt

If you flip the little tray below the screen around (if you have the 4.3" screen), it makes a perfect little holder for your phone. It's got a little ridge to stop it from slipping off. I've used it like that for 2 years now without a problem, and it's free!

If your radar detector is there, it isn't doing much good. Radar detector need to have good line of sight out the front and rear windows. I have my radar on the dash above the touch screen. It's sitting on a little $1 no slip pad you can find on ebay or wherever.

She has had one of those "no slip" pads for years. They work OK. She does put her cell phone in the slot below the display. But if you want to use the phone GPS then you need to be able to see it sometimes. Radar detector is right above the dash, so it sees both front and rear. In rereading that part I was not real clear... Suction Cups on the windshield, meaning I am not sure it another windshield mount would work very well.

I'm using one that clips on the vent. No broken vents, yet. Once clipped on the vent vanes, it will rotate 360 degrees, so my phone can be vertical for music, or horizontal for GPS. It's made by INSIGNIA. It also came with a suction mount for the wind shield, with a flexible tube, but the way that the DJs wind shield is, the tube is not long enough to have the phone within reach. I tried one with the mat, but the center section of the top is too slick for it to work.

Yeah, so the little rubber liner that's in the storage area under the touchscreen...pull it up then flip it around and push it back down in. Now you'll have a ~2" lip sticking out that's very sturdy. I put my phone on that sideways, and it leans back against the console under the screen. Maybe I should just take a picture lol.

Good spot for the radar detector; that's where I put mine on a little no slip pad.

My wife bought one of those holders that fits in the CD slot. Works great and the CD player still functions. Not that we listen to CD's anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rotating-Holder-Cellphone-pattern3/dp/B00OFR0MI4/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1419340120&sr=1-10&keywords=cd+slot+cell+phone+holder