OIL LEAKING ?????

ltdjourney

I went out this morning came back about 2 hrs later and when I was backing into my drive way OIL SPOTS ????

Looked under my D J oil all over bottom of truck couldn't for the likes of me see where it was coming from. First I though it was transmission ? called dealer said bring it , there for 2.5 hrs left went home they called about half hr later

when I got home. They said it was from the oil filter housing ?? I said why said it was the filter spring?? also said

that left oil seal in axle seal into trans was leaking as well .Going to take about 6 hrs to repair ,don't know what they

will do about oil filter housing. anyone ever have this issue with oil filter . This is a 2014 DJ with 19000 klms v6

The oil filter housing is on top of the engine and is inverted on the 3.6

so if it was tightened properly it could leak although this is the

first time I have ever seen it posted.

The axle seal may be just defective and I think I recall 1 or 2

posts about it, seeing it's a 2014 warranty should resolve.

Pain the neck tho.

all done all new oil filter housing said it was the spring broken ?? and oil seal repaired looks good and thanks for warranty. hope that's it no more trouble just trouble free driving. Thanks to dealership for taking care of my problem fast . That would be Durham Dodge Oshawa ont.

Edited by ltdjourney

I've seen a couple of cracked housings before. We did two just last week. One was a 3.6 Avenger which had not yet had an oil change. The other was a 3.6 Grand Cherokee that had been serviced the week prior. The cap may have been overtightened on that one, causing it to crack. Can't tell for sure, though. This is something I'm keeping an eye on in my shop. I've also seen one where an independent shop serviced the car and omitted the seal on the cap when they put it back together. That one had to be towed.

• 4 years later...

not a common problem but I was watching a you tube on  it, there are some seals on the bottom side that can leak and or a over tightened cap on top, since it has a o ring seal most oil change places are over tightening the caps and they are made out of plastic so they crack. i do my own oil changes and i just put some oil on the new O ring and hand tighten it down as tight as i can by hand and then use my socket and give it a little push, thats all. always comes loose the next time and never a leak....o rings when tightened to much tear or leak.

Visited Nepean Motor Group in Penrith NSW, they confirmed that the Oil Filter Housing is the problem, but since it is past the 3 year warranty, they cant cover the replacement. I got the estimate of 1.3K replacement. I was reading through blogs and it seems like the Pentastar V6 3.6 liters engine has this common problem, so it can affect Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge engines. Would strongly advise to have a look at your oil filter housing and have them replaced if leaking. If there was a fault in previous installation, I cant argue about it, it pays to check that area every after oil filter change from your service center. 

Previously, the power steering bracket was also replaced because there was fault, it was within the warranty so no problem, otherwise its a 3.5K replacement. again, watch out those faults.

The Driver seat side closest to the door has faulty plastics too, its already broken and seat is sag.

Will never buy this Brand anymore! 

seems like remember someone posting that the oil filter cooler was covered under the power train warranty which i believe for the 2014 is 5 yr 60 k , i would call a different dealership and ask them or maybe dodge care can chime in on this post......as far as your last sentence since no other car manufacture has any problems with their  product ,all i can say is good bye then....

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, jkeaton said:

Lol. I just love it when people make this statement. Like. Oh yeah! I just gave it to you Dodge! Take that! Lololol. 

Well, if you have all of these faults happening within 4 years of use, it becomes frustrating. And I can compare with my brothers car of different brand with the same age with longer mileage and don't have any issues at all, i'm just cringing and sort of bite the bullet.