Low Wash Fluid

GeoDude

Hey guys. So I have a question. A few months back I my low washer fluid light came on and I filled the reservoir completely. The second time around the light came on, again, I topped it off except to this day that light comes on and the reservoir is halfway full. And even when it was full the light would come on. I did use up all of the washer fluid in it and then used clean water thinking there might be debris or gunk, and topped it off again but nothing. Any help? Thanks in advance.

One possibility:

Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Washer Light On And/or Washer Light Will Not Go Out After Adding Washer Solvent.

Discussion: Vehicles that use a continuity prong style washer level sensor are designed to work with most alcohol based washer solvents. We have received information that some rain repellant solvents may not register properly. The rain repellant washer solvents have been found to coat the sensor tips with a residue that will not allow an accurate reading. Some of the rain repellant washer solvents are orange in color, but may not necessarily be.

If the customers complaint matches the Symptom/Vehicle Issue above, verify the washer solvent condition and color. If the solvent appears contaminated or its condition is unknown, it may be necessary to drain the reservoir and also remove and clean the washer level sensor.

Hey guys. So I have a question. A few months back I my low washer fluid light came on and I filled the reservoir completely. The second time around the light came on, again, I topped it off except to this day that light comes on and the reservoir is halfway full. And even when it was full the light would come on. I did use up all of the washer fluid in it and then used clean water thinking there might be debris or gunk, and topped it off again but nothing. Any help? Thanks in advance.

One possibility:

Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Washer Light On And/or Washer Light Will Not Go Out After Adding Washer Solvent.

Discussion: Vehicles that use a continuity prong style washer level sensor are designed to work with most alcohol based washer solvents. We have received information that some rain repellant solvents may not register properly. The rain repellant washer solvents have been found to coat the sensor tips with a residue that will not allow an accurate reading. Some of the rain repellant washer solvents are orange in color, but may not necessarily be.

If the customers complaint matches the Symptom/Vehicle Issue above, verify the washer solvent condition and color. If the solvent appears contaminated or its condition is unknown, it may be necessary to drain the reservoir and also remove and clean the washer level sensor.

Milous... another very useful post. Thanks! I would have assumed that they still used the float style sensor.

GeoDude, from my research it looks like you will need to drain the system and then manually clean the sensor to get it working again (of course, that is what Milous already posted). Let us know how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...