• Official Dodge Support

We just purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey. Today on the message screen it said "service keyless system". Does anyone know if this means something? It starts fine and the doors unlock. Could the batteries be going out in the Key Fob?

Your servicing dealer will have the diagnostic tools to review the message.

• 4 months later...

Will do. Appointment @ 7 am Thurs. I'm an early bird. (old buzzard)

You are not alone on this as I see almost every Chrysler/Dodge vehicle with the push start has this issue. Plenty of "service keyless system" topics on their forums....the Charger forum (20 pages long) seems to fix the problem by replacing the door handles. Are you having issues entering the vehicle? Make sure you let us know what is the deal with this message Hockey_Puck.

First into dealer this morning, Out in 15 minutes. Code said battery in fob low so they changed battery (no charge) and reset. We'll see if this reappears, as it was a one-of thing and hasn't repeated and there were no start/entry issues. Will watch and repost anything that happens. My service guy said yes, Chargers have this occurring, but not much activity on Journeys. I'm only 2km from the dealer so can pop over if there is recurrence If anything happens at least there is paperwork in the system.

H.P.

First into dealer this morning, Out in 15 minutes. Code said battery in fob low so they changed battery (no charge) and reset. We'll see if this reappears, as it was a one-of thing and hasn't repeated and there were no start/entry issues. Will watch and repost anything that happens. My service guy said yes, Chargers have this occurring, but not much activity on Journeys. I'm only 2km from the dealer so can pop over if there is recurrence If anything happens at least there is paperwork in the system.

H.P.

Hmmm, strange you didn't get the battery low message. Maybe you had a software update of recent and they have it worded differently.....maybe something to get people down to the dealership? Thanks for the feedback HP!! :)

• 2 years later...