8.5/100

journeyfamily

ok so i have our journey for a few weeks now, and we went on our first long highway trip, so i wanted to see what mpg i was getting, so i reset the computer, after the trip i took a look at the reading and it was 8.5/100 so being british i was not really sure what that was, so had a quick look on the web and went to a converter, i have attached the reading i got off the internet, if this is correct i think its pretty good for a 3.5 v6.

Paul

post-8470-0-21549400-1398264885_thumb.jp

I have been able to get mine down to 6.9L / 100KM . Hypermiling , letting off before a hill and coasting . It will coast for a long time without the speed dropping too much . Smooth easy accelerating .

I'm shocked as the best I can muster is 10.9.. I am averaging 12.3 combined city/hwy. I'm trying for the rated 8.9.. the numbers you all have obtained, are you running the 6cyl or the 4cyl? I'm curious...

I'm have the 6 cyl, but I don't have AWD. I had much improvement in mileage at 7,000 - 8,000 kilometres. My best was 7.3/100km How many kilometres do you have?

I have the v6 but I tend to be a hyper-miler mixed

with moments of NHRA madness.

My mixed milage numbers (90-95%) city driving

over the winter have averaged 11.9 L/100km but

the last 2 fillups have shown individual improvment

so that should go down to 10.9/11.0 for the summer.

I've had 7.7L/100km on strict highway with cruise on, doing 115km/h. It's the city mileage that kills me

No kidding..........I've had a low of 9.3 twice on the highway

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I drove from new brunswick to ottawa yesterday (1150km). doing 110 kph - 130 kph trip and not babying it at al..., when trough some serious hill in matapedia valey and edmundston and got an average of 9.3 L / 100km. i was loaded with 3 ppl + lug. i love my journey.

Edited by whitesxt