Clear 3M Film for vehicle front and headlights

cj4

Does anyone have the clear film that you can put on your vehicle that's supposed to protect the paint and headlights? If so, please let me know your opinion. Thanks.

Edited by cj4

yrs ago i bought a product that covered just your lights it was cut to exact size and shape and it was opital grade plastic and it was guaranted not to turn yellow. it worked great and also it protected the light against stones. remember the plastic lens use to fogg up and or turn hazy, any way I tried to find it for my journey but guess they quit making it . i remember it cost about$50. back then, i remember catching a big stone on the light and it made a big mark in the plastic but saved the lens from cracking. it was well worth the cost just for that reason alone.......................... P.S. the stuff i used was kind of thick it wasnt a thick plastic sheet.

Edited by 2late4u

Thanks everyone, it's nice to get the opinion of others on a product. I seen the one's for the headlights from Weather Tech and the service manager at the Dodge dealer here told me about a friend of his, who got the whole front of his vehicle done at a shop in Panama City Beach. Lovebug season will be coming soon and they are hard to clean off and will damage the paint.

I also asked about getting the Daytime Running Lights enabled and told him what I read on here and he is going to check on it. Love all of the information I have been getting from all of you on this forum.

After traveling through the states and Canada on a long road trip last spring, I had a devil of a time getting rid of the bugs, I can see where this would only be a good thing. I've seen some videos on YouTube showing the effects of Lovebugs. Yikes. That would give me nightmares LoL.

Edited by rolly

I have an '09, so I'm approaching my fifth year with this vehicle. Back when the car was new I purchased the XPEL headlight film and applied it myself. I was so pleased with this product that I found a local installer and had the front bumper and the side mirrors covered, I think the cost was $50 for the headlight covers and the bumper was $350. I have just over 165,000 miles and I can say the front bumper has hardly a scratch or rock ding on it.

Hope this helps, and Happy Motoring...

• 3 weeks later...

yrs ago i bought a product that covered just your lights it was cut to exact size and shape and it was opital grade plastic and it was guaranted not to turn yellow. it worked great and also it protected the light against stones. remember the plastic lens use to fogg up and or turn hazy, any way I tried to find it for my journey but guess they quit making it . i remember it cost about$50. back then, i remember catching a big stone on the light and it made a big mark in the plastic but saved the lens from cracking. it was well worth the cost just for that reason alone.......................... P.S. the stuff i used was kind of thick it wasnt a thick plastic sheet.

I found some on ebay for my 2014 dodge journey head lights cut to fit in light tint or dark for $19.00 fit good

3M makes a Paint Protection Film that they call StoneGuard. Check out their web site. They have, or had, a precut kit for the Journey that had pieces precut for just about any area including hood, grill, headlights, mirrors, rocker panels, bumpers and rear step. They consider this film to be a DIY material so it can't be too difficult to apply. It stretches considerably so it will conform to many shapes. They also sell it in rolls and by the foot at various widths. If I remember correctly, it cost around $11 per square foot so a 10 ft roll by 12 in wide would run around $110. It is 6mm thick and they also have a similar material that is 12mm thick version for high abrasion areas.