Just bought a Journey

DM-15

As the title states, I just purchased a Dodge Journey. My wife had a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and it was time to upgrade. So we traded it towards a 2011 Journey Mainstreet with 26,000 miles. I work for a dealership so I got it for a heck of a deal. I don't really care for the color (I think it's called white gold or something) but the wife loves it. Hopefully it treats her well in the years to come.

As the title states, I just purchased a Dodge Journey. My wife had a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and it was time to upgrade. So we traded it towards a 2011 Journey Mainstreet with 26,000 miles. I work for a dealership so I got it for a heck of a deal. I don't really care for the color (I think it's called white gold or something) but the wife loves it. Hopefully it treats her well in the years to come.

Welcome to the Dodge Journey Forum

Welcome to the forum! I have 12,000 miles on my 2013 with only a couple minor problems. I had a small water leak near the rear hatch (leaking around the mounts for the roof rails) and a bad connector that caused the airbag light to come on occasionally. Both problems taken care of under warranty.

Welcome to the forum. No major problems, but you might want to check out good and bad things to look out for before you buy a vehicle, not after.

I have owned my Journey for over a year and I am still learning good and bad things about them. She might be looking to start a friendly conversation as well so that when she needs help in the future she can feel comfortable about asking for it.

Thanks for the welcome all. We did check out the basics, (and a friend has a Journey and loves it), I was looking originally at the Ford Edge (2011), but the Journey was newer, less miles, and roughly $2,500.00 less at sticker price. I really feel, I got more bang for my buck.

The 3.6 head issue affects all vehicles which use that engine in those years. Mostly 2011 production but some early 2012 as well. I haven't seen any 2013's with head issues. Chrysler got on top of the problem pretty quickly, so I'm quite sure your Journey will be OK. Symptom is usually check engine light with cylinder #2 misfire (p0302) as the diagnostic fault code.