RPG Rear BUMPER PROTECTOR-EPIC FAIL

WARNING!

I purchased a rear bumper guard in BLACK from RPG at w w w (dot) rearpaintguards (dot) com

The product fit perfect but the black was a RUBBER paint, and all the dust stuck to it.

No worries.. I can wipe it down... (I thought)

NOT... the next day, all the ridges started to peel up. The unit was a SILVER one they sprayed with black rubber paint, like that stuff they put on a screen door in the bottom of a boat and it floats..(as seen on tv).

It alllllll peeled off.. Just rubbed off... big rubber sheets that were stretchy.

Now I have a perfect silver unit (that was painted) on my Journey and have no idea how to get the 3M tape off without destroying the bumper.

I paid $132 for the product, it fit nice.. but the paint was total garbage.

How can this protect your paint, if the paint on it just rolls off?

AVOID...AVOID... AVOID...

Company did not reply, I am TRYING to get paypal to dispute, as the website showed nice BLACK PLASTIC units ( not painted ones... as the underside of mine was silver... and the web showed the undersides as black.)

The paypal charge was from another company in Korea.

Here are some photos and a video I made and put on a website..

http://dudinsky.wix.com/avoid-rpg

A dog, sitting on the unit and tying your shoes will rub off this rubber paint stuff (and be all over you and your dog)

NOTE: The paypal bill was from some Korean website, NOT the one I bought from.

The site looks professional enough. Plus doing a WHOIS on godaddy shows that the domain(.com) is owned by some guy in ARIZONA but your paypal payment was sent to Korea ? hmmm... I wonder what the deal is, hope you get a refund, paypal is usually pretty good about stuff like this and is why we use paypal when we can.good luck !!!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, this is Tom from RPG (Rear Paint Guards). The Dodge

Journey Rear Paint Guard has been our best seller since debuting the

product at SEMA 2009. We are the official North American distributor of

RGM rear guards, it's exciting to finally be a supporting vendor of the

Dodge Journey Forum!

The issue outlined in this thread has since been resolved. To explain,

during a short period of time we custom ABS coated some silver Journey

guards to black. This coating proves to not hold-up and we've since

discontinued this practice. All finishes we offer, whether black, silver,

carbon look or brushed alloy look are EXTREMELY high quality and will not

peel under any conditions.

We have since resolved the issue with this particular customer.

If anyone has questions or concerns about our Rear Paint Guards please

don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi, Tom. When will carbon look protector be available? I ordered one from your site, but received brushed aluminum. When I claimed for replacement, your rep told me that it is not available. It was a good try to sell me what I didn't order, but I still want carbon look.

Hi, Tom. When will carbon look protector be available? I ordered one from your site, but received brushed aluminum. When I claimed for replacement, your rep told me that it is not available. It was a good try to sell me what I didn't order, but I still want carbon look.

after hearing about the problems the other member had why would you order from this vender . as they were trying to sell him something he didnt order and now the same thing has happened to you.... WARNING,WARNING do not buy anything from this vender period......

after hearing about the problems the other member had why would you order from this vender . as they were trying to sell him something he didnt order and now the same thing has happened to you.... WARNING,WARNING do not buy anything from this vender period......

I agree, anyone can get on here and say they have resolved the issues with their products. I would like to hear back from adudinsk and find out if they made it right.

i would also like to hear from adudinsk also. as important it is to warn others about bad venders it is also good to give a report back about your complaint and how it was taken care of. i thought he would have commented after reading toms post. well he might be on vacation..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. Firstly, we've been supplying the Dodge Journey Rear Paint Guards since 2009, we've sold hundreds if not thousands.. it's our best seller! Any purchase ever made from Sherwood Automotive, Korean Auto Imports, Rear Paint Guards, eBay or Amazon.. it was supplied by us.

Korean Auto Imports is a division of our company, no payment ever went to "Korea".

As stated previously, the issue reported by the forum member here complaining of the guard "peeling" has been resolved. Again, our guards do not peel, cannot peel. This was a rare case in which a silver guard had been ABS coated. The customer has been refunded.

With regard to the shipment error of the Brushed Aluminum finish guard to Totemus. I understand we offered several different options to resolve the mix-up in an effort to be accommodating including A.) Exchange for the correct Carbon or Black finish

B.) Keep the guard received in error and have a partial refund issued for the inconvenience

C.) Return the product and receive a full refund

Just remember everyone.. there are always two sides to every story and most of the time you're getting only one. Please, before jumping to conclusions based on incorrect or incomplete information.. give vendors a chance to defend themselves by communicating directly.

On a lighter note... since becoming a supporting vendor on this forum the first week of October we have already received MANY new orders from the members. So a BIG THANK YOU to everyone here for your patronage and support and we hope to eventually have EVERY Journey owner with our Rear Guard installed.

Our Journey Rear Paint Guard is so much more than an accessory.. it's a necessity! ;o)

Have a great day everyone

All the best,

Tom

RearPaintGuards.com

Thanks for your interest. There's likely hundreds of the forum members on this forum who already have this rear bumper guard on their vehicle. We appreciate the offer however the guards we are advertising are not new(selling them since 09') and therefore we are not offering giveaways however they are available for purchase here:

You are welcome to use the exclusive forum member discount towards your purchase. Discount code: Journey10

Again, we sincerely appreciate your interest in our product and hope to do business with you.

Best Regards,

Tom

Cool Tom, thanks, I was however just messin around. I do plan on buying one in the near future, A black one. Back on April 15th this year my son, 18 was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer and I had to quit my job to take him to his many chemo and dr visits and scans. I was unable to hold down a job and tend to him. Well, in June he was cancer free and as of Oct 8th he took his last chemotherapy treatment. After a surgery to remove the port in his chest in about 2 months, I should be able to return to work. It was hard and we had to sell just about everything including the truck we bought for his graduation, but after everything gets back to a decent normal, I will order one. Didn't mean to jack this thread, :shades:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. Firstly, we've been supplying the Dodge Journey Rear Paint Guards since 2009, we've sold hundreds if not thousands.. it's our best seller! Any purchase ever made from Sherwood Automotive, Korean Auto Imports, Rear Paint Guards, eBay or Amazon.. it was supplied by us.

Korean Auto Imports is a division of our company, no payment ever went to "Korea".

As stated previously, the issue reported by the forum member here complaining of the guard "peeling" has been resolved. Again, our guards do not peel, cannot peel. This was a rare case in which a silver guard had been ABS coated. The customer has been refunded.

With regard to the shipment error of the Brushed Aluminum finish guard to Totemus. I understand we offered several different options to resolve the mix-up in an effort to be accommodating including A.) Exchange for the correct Carbon or Black finish

B.) Keep the guard received in error and have a partial refund issued for the inconvenience

C.) Return the product and receive a full refund

Just remember everyone.. there are always two sides to every story and most of the time you're getting only one. Please, before jumping to conclusions based on incorrect or incomplete information.. give vendors a chance to defend themselves by communicating directly.

On a lighter note... since becoming a supporting vendor on this forum the first week of October we have already received MANY new orders from the members. So a BIG THANK YOU to everyone here for your patronage and support and we hope to eventually have EVERY Journey owner with our Rear Guard installed.

Our Journey Rear Paint Guard is so much more than an accessory.. it's a necessity! ;o)

Have a great day everyone

All the best,

Tom

RearPaintGuards.com

Tom, still no answer to my question - when carbon will be available?

• 2 months later...

Tom, still no answer to my question - when carbon will be available?

I have to report that still, since October (for 3 months) I got no answer from RPG regarding the carbon look availability. I eventually decided to return the guard for the refund, but RPG is extremenly slow on this and doesn't answer direct question on when they will proceed the refund. SO I can't comment on the quality of the product, but be cautios with the seller as they seem to be not willing to work with you in you need return.