My experience with RPG

DTSGUY

Ive read lots of things about RPG and I decided to give it a try for myself and here are my results.

The ordering process went very smothly with no issues.

I had it with in a few days, less than a week.

It arrived in great condition and had all instructions with it even a cleaning wipe.

The hardest part was removing the clips that hold the bumper on. Im gonna need to get new clips from the dealer or a local clip store that has the same ones in aftermarket. (This isnt gonna be a big deal. Ive gotten lots of different automobile clips from my local clip store before).

Installing was very easy and straight forward just remove the red backing from the double sided tape, align the RPG on the bumper and press down so the tape makes good contact to the bumper.

Over all and so far im very happy with the quality and the fit is excellent. It looks just as if it were an OEM product.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

RPG Pic 5

RPG Pic 6

RPG Pic 7

RPG Pic 8

RPG Pic 9

RPG Pic 10

RPG Pic 11

RPG Pic 12

• 5 months later...

They are nice, but dayum I have a hard time parting with $100 for a piece of plastic with some 3m tape on it. Do you have a pic of what you actually had to remove to install the cover? I know you have a pic of the clips, but where were they removed from? You have to remove the entire bumper cover?

Edited by jkeaton

They are nice, but dayum I have a hard time parting with $100 for a piece of plastic with some 3m tape on it. Do you have a pic of what you actually had to remove to install the cover? I know you have a pic of the clips, but where were they removed from? You have to remove the entire bumper cover?

If you look at the RPG you will see holes in the area that folds up, that area is the area that is behind the lift gate. If you look on your Journey in that same area you will see 4 or 5 clips that hold the top part of your bumper onto the car. Those are the clips that need to come off. When you remove them your bumper will not fall off it will just loosen the top part of your bumper. You will need to line up the RPG with the holes and that will center it right where it needs to be. Then reinsert the clips and your done.

Since October when I installed mine it still looks brand new. No fading or scratching at all. Im still very happy with it. Its worth the money cause my bumper hasn't gotten scratched up.

Edited by DTSGUY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My results from RPG were good too. The only complaint was that it took a full week for them to shipt it, and when I inquired about when it might ship they never replied. Once it arrived, it was in perfect condition and only took a few minutes to install on my 2015 DJ R/T AWD. They are a little spendy, but they do look very nice!

Edited by Lvcoyote