Anyone installed a remote starter yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Added after market (seller installed) that took 2 1/2 hours to install. The guy who sells / installs them is a neat freak / fanatic about quality work. He even hard wired (soldered) direct to the circut board in the PCM. The original vehicle has remote locks, alarm etc so they had to be integrated with an interface. Had to program the interface to accept the RKE fobs as well. Two small remotes included $300.00 total (CAN $) It is an Autostart make. 2000 ft range. Reciever in upper windshield has a blinking blue LED visible to outside like an alarm signal indicator light.

Did you get it installed or did you do it yourself? thanks.

Bugs, out of curiosity, where did you have it installed?

Word of warning to anyone trying to get the MOPAR remote start installed on the 2.4L Journey SE. Both Dodge.com and Dodge.ca as well as two separate dealers assured me this would work before I purchase my Journey. After I bought my Journey, the dealer tried installing the Mopar unit, only to be told by Chyrsler Tech that 'due to a wiring harness change made in production in July 2008' the Mopar unit would not work. I've tried contacting Chrysler Canada and spoke with several well reputed Chrysler dealerships, no one can shed any light on when or if a Mopar unit will be made available.

Oh yeah, I found a dealer in the US that helped me track down the supplier of these remote start units. I've been told its' Audiovox. Can anyone out there confirm this.

The remote strarter I had installed (Halifax, Nova Scotia) is an AutoStart model AS-1272. It also required the Chrysler doorlock Interface (2009 Journey) model ADSDLSLCH3 so it would auto lock on start and still allow the RKE fob to function as designed.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
The remote strarter I had installed (Halifax, Nova Scotia) is an AutoStart model AS-1272. It also required the Chrysler doorlock Interface (2009 Journey) model ADSDLSLCH3 so it would auto lock on start and still allow the RKE fob to function as designed.

Cheers

So... BUGS...

You said you had to install an AutoStart model AS-1272 and a Chrysler doorlock Interface (2009 Journey) model ADSDLSLCH3 ...all these plus labor right? Could you tell me how much was the total after all is said and done?

Has everything been working smoothly ...flawless... no hitch?

I need to install one for my 2009 Journey... but was quoted some ridiculous amount...

Anyone here can help me find a place to get a UNIVERSAL keyfob that has a remote starter compatible for the 2009 Journey? PLEASE?

So... BUGS...

You said you had to install an AutoStart model AS-1272 and a Chrysler doorlock Interface (2009 Journey) model ADSDLSLCH3 ...all these plus labor right? Could you tell me how much was the total after all is said and done?

$300.00 for everything, all parts and labour.

Has everything been working smoothly ...flawless... no hitch?

Works as designed, very happy with it.

The fob for the starter is small (a bit larger than a $.25 piece) with a 1/4 inch post antenae sticking out.

I need to install one for my 2009 Journey... but was quoted some ridiculous amount...

Anyone here can help me find a place to get a UNIVERSAL keyfob that has a remote starter compatible for the 2009 Journey? PLEASE?

• 3 weeks later...

MOPAR update...

After finding out that Audiovox is indeed the manufacturer of the MOPAR remote starter. Apparently next to nuclear secrets, remote starter technlogy si a trade secret to be guarded with one's life... Bo one there would confirm anything...

So I was just about to give up on the whole idea, when I accdientally came across a new Mopar unit that is compatible with Journey's built after Aug 08. Just under $500 installed. I know its' expensive but it connects to the vehicules' wiring harness without any mods required and I only have to carry a single FOB. I caved and ordered it last week, should be at the dealer on Tuesday...

MOPAR update...

After finding out that Audiovox is indeed the manufacturer of the MOPAR remote starter. Apparently next to nuclear secrets, remote starter technlogy si a trade secret to be guarded with one's life... Bo one there would confirm anything...

So I was just about to give up on the whole idea, when I accdientally came across a new Mopar unit that is compatible with Journey's built after Aug 08. Just under $500 installed. I know its' expensive but it connects to the vehicules' wiring harness without any mods required and I only have to carry a single FOB. I caved and ordered it last week, should be at the dealer on Tuesday...

Hello

Do you have the part number for this new device? I cant find any info on there web page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm getting ready to move from Florida to New York and am looking to have remote start installed on my 2010 SXT. My dealer's parts counter will sell for 235.00 same as Mopar online. I walked over to the service dept. to inquire about the programming changes and was told the book is telling them 5 hours labor! The service dept charges 106.00 per hour! Now, I have looked at the installation instructions for this add and compared to my vehicle. There is no way on earth that this should be booked at 5 hours. I'd say 1.5 tops!

So to do it at my purchasing dealer, I would be looking at right at 800.00! Am I the only one who see's this as excessively high?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to move from Florida to New York and am looking to have remote start installed on my 2010 SXT. My dealer's parts counter will sell for 235.00 same as Mopar online. I walked over to the service dept. to inquire about the programming changes and was told the book is telling them 5 hours labor! The service dept charges 106.00 per hour! Now, I have looked at the installation instructions for this add and compared to my vehicle. There is no way on earth that this should be booked at 5 hours. I'd say 1.5 tops!

So to do it at my purchasing dealer, I would be looking at right at 800.00! Am I the only one who see's this as excessively high?

Thanks.

Just had dodge install the remote start in my 2010 journey. They charged me for 2 hours. You also get two new keyfobs. total cost with oil change and tire rotation $528.00

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a 2009 Journey SE 2.4 litre with a after market remote start (installed Jan 2011). Last fall I had intermittent no start (lights, radio, etc all worked), would not turn over. Let it sit for 15 mins then it would start. This happened again, took to dealer, replaced starter and it worked okay for about a month after the remote start was installed, then the same no start happened again. This time had to let it sit for an hour. Dealer replaced WIN module. Worked okay for one evening, then no start again. Had to let it sit 2 hours and then it would start! Dealer next replaced the TIPM module and it would not start right in the shop. This was Wednesday and they still have it. They are saying now that it's the remote start and they want to disconnect and have me try it for a few days and see what happens. Anyone else have this issue with after market remote start? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had mine installed yesterday.

Its a 2 way remote starter that notifies you when its started.

The only problem they had installing it is they needed to get a new updated tool from thier supplier in order to get it to work with the push start button.

Once i got back home (its the wifes suv) i will check the brand name of the remote starter and post it.

Edited by whitesxt

• 2 weeks later...

I've had aftermarket remote starters in other vehicles (older, and lower tech than the Journey) cause starting problems. So I'm leery of them. With the level of programming that goes into vehicles today, I believe there's a bit of voodoo in any installation, let alone something not designed specifically for the vehicle. A cheap aftermarket in an 80's vehicle was one thing ... but the computers then literally just controlled the fuel delivery. Not like today's management programs.

I think the cost of a dealer installed remote starter is worth it. One may also want to check and see how an aftermarket unit could affect your warranty. If the install gets botched and electronics get fried, I'm willing to bet the warranty would be void.

No choice but to go aftermarket. I've been waiting almost a year for chrysler to find another supplier for the remote starter. If they haven't found one by now, I surmize they never will.

I just ended up buying an aftermarket remote starter off of ebay, along with a bypass module which basically you only need to install two wire power and ground.