2013 R/T Sunroof problem !!!!

biohazard

I have sent a message to DodgeCaCares who looks after us Canadians very well to look at this thread and maybe he can do something for you, not saying he can, but worth a try.

Debra

I too received a message from DodgeCaCares, as I mentioned he takes very good care of us Canadians and will pass this problem on to his American counterpart, while not promising anything, I hope he can help you out, Thanks DodgeCaCares from me and every body else here, your concern makes us all feel better.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I have sent all information requested to the DodgeCaCares, Canadian Rep. Thank all of you for all of your help! I really appreciate it. I am taking off work tomorrow and driving the journey to Franklin TN. It's about an hour and half away. The service manager is going to look at it for me. I am told Franklin TN has the best service department around. I just hope they don't tell me it's designed for water to come in. If that happens, I think at that point I'm just going to cry, ha... Wish me luck! I will give update on Monday.

Again, thanks!

• Official Dodge Support

Terry,

I was told by the Chrysler Dodge dealer that the new vehicles was made to leak. Who new? I would have never brought this Journey if I had known that! I will be trading it, but I will not be buying a Chrysler product ever again. I have learned the hard way they love taking your money but they will not stand behind there product!

Hello Debra,

Chrysler certainly does not build products to intentionally leak.

I apologize that your dealer has been less than informative in this situation. Please check your private messages.

Got it and I have replied to it... Thank you so much.

I am taking off work today and taking my Journey to Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, located at 1124 Murfreesboro Rd.,Franklin, TN. (615) 794-5000 at 2.00pm and have them to check it out. Now this problem is causing me more money. It's about a hour and half away from me, but I am so hoping it's worth the drive. Wish me luck! I am also praying that they don't tell me it's designed to have water leak into the sunroof and to just shut the sliding top if I don't want to get wet. By the way that comment came from the Dodge service man..

Thank you for caring and trying to help!

Debra

• Official Dodge Support

Debra

I too received a message from DodgeCaCares, as I mentioned he takes very good care of us Canadians and will pass this problem on to his American counterpart, while not promising anything, I hope he can help you out, Thanks DodgeCaCares from me and every body else here, your concern makes us all feel better.

Terry

Windancer,

Your quite welcome, thanks again.

Cheers !

Yes, I thank all of you for the help that I have received. This is the third dodge that I have purchased within the last 10 years. I would have never thought that I would be treated this way. The last two vehicles was great so I continued to be a loyal customer. I only wish Dodge would be as loyal to me.

I hope my trip this afternon pays off. Gary Mathews Crysler Dodge in Clarksville TN put in the computer that the gasket was changed out. I hope Franklin Dodge don't listen to that because they are either really good or they lied to us again, because I have pictures showing the same glue marks today that match the glue marks from a week after I bought my Journey showing where the glue was all over one corner of the sunroof. I promise I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want my Dodge Journey not to leak!

Good news this morning, Franklin Chrysler Dodge Located in Franklin TN found the problems with my sunroof. Took them about 20 minutes to locate the problems. They are ordering the new parts. When the parts arrive, they will call me and I will take my Journey back to them for repairs. I was also told that the warranty would cover a rent a car. What a nice surprise! I was treated with high respect and great customer service. I was not told by this service manager that the sunroof was supposed to leak, thank goodness. Now my only hope is that the sunroof can be repaired with no leaks and no splashing me in the face.

More good news, a new customer rep did call us, she left a message stating her name and a number for us to return her call. We returned her call, left her a message and so far she has not returned our call back. Maybe this rep will be of some help to us “the customer” and not listen to the service manager when he feeds her false information. I will keep you posted on all future details. .

Again, I want to thank each and every one of you that stood behind me and my Dodge Journey. ***THANK YOU***

Terry,

Thank you for all of your help. I hope the issue has been resolved. The first step has been completed "problem found". I still have to take my Journey back to have the bad Sunroof completely taken out and a new one put back in. This is not going to be a easy task. I am hoping beyond hope that I want have any more leaks. I can tell you that Franklin Dodge has been great and I hope after all of this I don't have any more problems with it... I think the Journey is a great vehicle, that’s why I purchased it and I really want to keep it! I’m trying hard to be a believer again when it comes to the Journey.

I am hoping a month from now that I can write on this forum that all has been taken care of and all is great. Stay tuned, I will keep you updated as things progress. Again, thank you!

You have a great group of people behind you here on this forum, Debra. Loads of support and helpful ideas, plus a couple of Customer Care representatives who are monitoring peoples' concerns. I'm glad that you have finally been paired with an empathic listener and a shop willing to perform the correct diagnostic procedures necessary to find the problem.

Do you know what parts have been ordered? A glass panel and/or gasket, or a complete sunroof assembly including the tub? Curious as to the diagnosis.

• Official Dodge Support

You have a great group of people behind you here on this forum, Debra. Loads of support and helpful ideas, plus a couple of Customer Care representatives who are monitoring peoples' concerns. I'm glad that you have finally been paired with an empathic listener and a shop willing to perform the correct diagnostic procedures necessary to find the problem.

Do you know what parts have been ordered? A glass panel and/or gasket, or a complete sunroof assembly including the tub? Curious as to the diagnosis.

This is absolutely right!

Although repairs are needed at times, I think it's the way things are dealt with that speaks volumes both of the members here and support from Chrysler.

Thank you for your support. You have reiterated my faith in Chrysler. I love my Journey and I really want to keep it. When I left the service department at Gary Mathews Dodge I was completely lost and I felt I had no place to turn. Especially when I was told to just shut the roof panel if I didn’t want to get wet. I will never forget the way that service manager and the service department made me feel.

To the best of my knowledge Franklin Dodge is ordering the complete sunroof assembly, partly due to the damage that was created by Gary Mathew’s service department. Again to the best of my knowledge, Franklin Dodge service department found the channel loose, broken screw, stripped screw where someone tried to pull the sunroof down tighter, which only compressed the gasket and made it leak worst. I want even mention the scratches on top where they worked on it. I guess I can live with that if I can get it to stop leaking. Feel free to contact Gary Mathews, Franklin Dodge and/or track the paperwork that is being added to the computer. I have kept a paper copy for my own records.

• I want to say again “I appreciate people like you”. Thank you! Because of you I will get to keep my Dodge Journey and enjoy it for a long time. I also will have faith that I can purchase a Chrysler product in the future and will be taken care of if something goes wrong. I agree pieces and parts can be fixed, sometimes things just happen, but the way I was made to feel will stay with me forever. I will never purchase another vehicle from Gary Mathews Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram, (931) 552-7100 garymathewsmotors.com 1100 Ashland City Rd, Clarksville, TN 37040 as long as the same people are in the service department. I also purchased a life time warranty from them thinking that my vehicle was in good hands, sorry to say I was wrong in that thinking. It will be so worth making the drive to Franklin TN, just knowing they will stay behind their product.

I have also just purchased a 2013 Journey R/T AWD and have noticed the sunroof leaks. Have made an appointment with my dealer, who when I called , said its in the manual that they will leak in car washs..I'll have to look later.

Any pointers on what to tell the dealer on how to fix this? Had numerous Chryslers with sunroofs and they've never leaked. Also just bought a 2014 300C with panoramic sunroof...hope it doesn't leak!

I'm located in Georgetown, Ontario.

I don’t have much advice at this time. I can tell you that my dealer could not fix my leaks, so I took my Journey to another dealer who is ordering new parts and I was told by this dealer that the leaks can be fixed. Maybe try another dealer. I love my Dodge Journey, so I’m also hoping the leaks can be repaired. I have had lots of good people on this forum guide me in the right direction. Especially, the Canada Chrysler Dodge Rep., they have been great! From the responses that I have received, I can say at this point, I really feel Chrysler Dodge Company will stand behind you. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens on this forum with my Journey. I should know more by the end of next week.

Good Luck!

my dealer, who when I called , said its in the manual that they will leak in car washs..I'll have to look later.

I looked in my 2013 manual. No mention of leaks in a car wash. My 2000 300M, whose sunroof has otherwise never leaked either, will occasionally spit a drop of water while in a car wash when the huge blower fan passes right over the roof panel as it blows the water off the car. I would consider that to be OK as it does not represent normal conditions. I have yet to take the Journey through a car wash. I have hand washed it several times since May when we bought it. Does not leak a drop. Your roof panel may simply not be adjusted properly. Diagnosing the problem is not terribly difficult in itself. The only snag your dealer might run into is the ability to water test it in Ontario at this time of year. Hopefully your dealer has an indoor wash bay where it can be tested properly.

• Official Dodge Support

I have also just purchased a 2013 Journey R/T AWD and have noticed the sunroof leaks. Have made an appointment with my dealer, who when I called , said its in the manual that they will leak in car washs..I'll have to look later.

Any pointers on what to tell the dealer on how to fix this? Had numerous Chryslers with sunroofs and they've never leaked. Also just bought a 2014 300C with panoramic sunroof...hope it doesn't leak!

I'm located in Georgetown, Ontario.

Ianc747,

Congrats on your purchases!!!!! (300C is simply awesome)

I would certainly avoid high pressure car washes but it doesn't seem to be the problem here. I would recommend working with your dealer and possibly having them keep the vehicle to water test it.

Beyond that, I would invite you to private message me with your details (VIN, dealer etc.) and I can see what I can do for you. If you need more posts, check out some other threads and chime in to get your 5.

thanks!

Took the Journey into Team Chrysler today (Mississauga, Ont). They did a water check, found the leak and replaced the seal. They also checked that the drain lines were clear.

So far so good...don't see any leaks at all now.

We're new to that dealership, but so far very impressed by there sevice and staff.....

Thanks for the update. Time will tell for certain, but in all likelihood they have solved your problem. A recent seal replacement on a 2010 solved a customer's leak recently at my shop. I could see the water running past the old seal and draining into the sunroof tub. The drain could not keep up with the volume of water coming in. New seal, cleared drains = no more leak!