What color is your Journey?

caheaton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bright Silver here... my first silver vehicle!

Silver is a great colour, most of my cars have been silver, they seem to age extraordinarily well, and has been noted, don't seem to show the dirt at all.

My DJ is the grey and it's filthy after our recent storm, got to get it into the touchless!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted the white but my wife over ruled me and told me to get the black lol. Although it looks great i've only had it a couple of weeks and i'm already dredding the cleaning. I should make her clean it lol

I would be the first person to tell you and your wife that when clean a black vehicle looks incredible, but I agree maybe she should try to keep it clean and shiney. it can be very hard and time consuming to keep it looking good.

I have a lot of experience when it comes to black vehicles and now have a white Journey. The white car was my first, and it is much easier to keep clean. I used to have a back Dodge Caravan and a black PT Cruiser convertible and now currently have a white Doge Journey and a midnight blue (almost black) Saturn Sky. The white Journey is far easier to keep clean, even though much bigger than either the PTCruiser or the Sky which incidentally are both convertibles making them even smaller.

Terry

141743222.jpg152300918.jpg

146733255.jpg

I would be the first person to tell you and your wife that when clean a black vehicle looks incredible, but I agree maybe she should try to keep it clean and shiney. it can be very hard and time consuming to keep it looking good.

I have a lot of experience when it comes to black vehicles and now have a white Journey. The white car was my first, and it is much easier to keep clean. I used to have a back Dodge Caravan and a black PT Cruiser convertible and now currently have a white Doge Journey and a midnight blue (almost black) Saturn Sky. The white Journey is far easier to keep clean, even though much bigger than either the PTCruiser or the Sky which incidentally are both convertibles making them even smaller.

Terry

141743222.jpg152300918.jpg

146733255.jpg

Nice looking stable Terry!!!!! It's a little cold right now for the convertibles though Lol.

Nice looking stable Terry!!!!! It's a little cold right now for the convertibles though Lol.

Thanks Rolly, the Sky is safely tucked away in my garage probably until at least April.

The point I was trying to make is that, until you actually own a white vehicle you don't realize how easy it is to take care of. Over the years I have owned four black or nearly back vehicles and they looked great all clean and polished but were very ordinary if allowed to get dirty. My white Journey looks great (IMO) when it is clean and waxed, but even dirty it doesn't seem to show the dirt as much, similiar to a siver or champange colour.

Yes it is very cold at the moment here, certainly not convertible weather.

Terry

ive owned a white magnum and a couple black cars and motorcycle, thats why i wanted another white car. Easier to keep clean and i like the look too. Dont get me wrong i love the black when its nice and shiny, just gotta put a little more effort in keeping her that clean.

• 3 months later...

Aye Aye.....does colour really matter though in this day and age? LOL

Nah...no discrimination. We love all Journeys equally :)

Seriously, though - Most of the Journeys in my area are black and silver. There's a couple of blue ones and one or two whites, but not much else. I can name one Storm Gray, one Fathom Blue and one green (forget the actual name from 2009). We have the only Copper Pearl around. I love looking at it because it's so unique. Don't get me wrong - I love black, silver and I own a Stone White 300M (and yes, Terry, it looks good even when it's not so clean!) but the Copper stands out because no one else has it.

It's odd, I have said this before and I will say it again, after many vehicles, mostly red, blue or back, this is my first white one and I am happier with it than I was when I bought it. Yes, many people would say it is a vanilla (no pun intended) colour but in all honesty it is very easy to take care of and within reason does not show when it is dirty. We all have some preferences when it comes to colour and for me white was probably around 5th or 6th, but after having it a while I really do like it a lot.

I have had numerous darker vehicles but IMO white seems to be good.

Terry

146733255.jpg141971813.jpg141743222.jpg152300918.jpg

Edited by Windancer

As I said previously I wanted the Pearl White Tri-Coat because I liked the satin finish look but my wife wanted the copper and at the time was not so popular. She wanted something distinctive, which by the way is not the case now. We opted for the beige interior which is a rarity and offers a nice balance with the darker colour. Don't get me wrong, I I love the copper- actually the DJ is great in any colour. The copper just pops when it's just cleaned but it really shows the dirt. I just love Terry's DJ, it looks so classy. My first car, a 1966 Dodge Coronet was white- hard to forget your first love LOL!!!!