stereo shuts off in acc. mode ignition?

I have the 2011 R/T, i am at the drive-in theatre and with the push button start have it set to the acc. to listen to stereo, well its normal according to the owners manual that the power shuts off at 30 minutes, this is crazy as i was at the dusk to dawn drivein watched 4 movies with family and stereo turned off about 12 times, thats annoying when you are watching a movie because when it shuts off you have to press the push button start to acc. every half hour, called the deal and chrysler Canada and say there is nothing i can do its the way it is, at least with the old journey with the "key" when you put it to acc. the stereo would stay on like any other key ignition car, this is terrible any suggestions would be great thanks.

Unfortunately I think you hit it on the head; they put in the auto shut off in all modes except for when the engine is running so that you don't accidentally leave the system in acc and kill the battery if you happen to leave the car.

While I don't care for the system for the system for the same reason you mentioned, without having to pull a key anymore I've caught myself exiting the DJ a couple of times with the car still running. Doesn't help that the v6 is so freakin quiet ;)

Cheers!

Steph S.

What sucks more, pushing the ACC button every thirty mins while at the drive-in theater or figuring out you accidently left the ACC button on for hours and being in need of a jump? I'm going with the latter. I like to play some music at the beach occasionally. It is a hassle to go back to the car to restart the music, but it also serves as a reminder to occasionally restart the car.

Six of one, half a dozen of the the other. . .

Peace.

• 3 years later...

Is the battery drain protection feature the 30 min shut off? If so and I keep hitting the power button again to turn it on again for another 30 min and then another will I eventually drain the battery? If so how long would that last? 3 hours or six hours interupted in 30 min intervals? Just wondering.