Power windows

I've had my Journey about 6 weeks now and on several occasions, I've parked my Journey and come back to find the front windows down about 2 inches. I took it to my service center, and of course, they could find nothing wrong.

Anyone else have this problem?

:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
I've had my Journey about 6 weeks now and on several occasions, I've parked my Journey and come back to find the front windows down about 2 inches. I took it to my service center, and of course, they could find nothing wrong.

Anyone else have this problem?

:unsure:

I haven't had that problem but my passenger window doesn't work right all the time. I think it's the switch on the drivers controls that is faulty because it works fine from the passenger button. It goes down fine but goes up slow and stalls several times and I have to let go of the button and press it again to get it o go up a little more and then repeat.

I'm going to drop it off this week to get a recall fixed and also the squeak in the drivers side rear and the window. I'm also going to have them check the AC because it stinks like mildew every time I use it.

I haven't had that problem but my passenger window doesn't work right all the time. I think it's the switch on the drivers controls that is faulty because it works fine from the passenger button. It goes down fine but goes up slow and stalls several times and I have to let go of the button and press it again to get it o go up a little more and then repeat.

I'm going to drop it off this week to get a recall fixed and also the squeak in the drivers side rear and the window. I'm also going to have them check the AC because it stinks like mildew every time I use it.

Have them check the drivers window controller plug. My Journey had the connector fall off the drivers side window controller. The tech was able to see the error when the diagnostic machine was plugged in to the odbII connector. He then popped up the drivers window controller assembly and firmly locked in the connector and my window issues went away.

My wife just discovered this today, if you hit the unlock button on the remote after opening the doors the windows will come down. It's on page 25 of the owners manual. Maybe you hit the remote when you placed it in your pocket.

Is that just on certain models? I didn't see that in my owners manual.

We have a R/T with Convenience Group II, Family Value Group, MyGIG® Multimedia System w/GPS Navigation and the

Flexible Seating Group. I have no idea which model or package includes this. I didn't even know it was an option till my wife found out.

I had to go back to the manual where it talks about the operation of the remote to find it.

It maybe an RT thing as I checked my paper manual and the online PDF and all I see for page 25 is Programming Additional Transmitters. I looked through the EVIC section as well and could not find anything on it.

MoparJoe can you maybe give a brief overview of what it says or give what heading it is under? If this is something I can program or have the dealer program I would LOVE to have this option! For those who have had VW's you get spoiled being able to roll the windows up and down using the key, so this would be a good alternative.

Thanks!

Alyssia

We have a R/T with Convenience Group II, Family Value Group, MyGIG® Multimedia System w/GPS Navigation and the

Flexible Seating Group. I have no idea which model or package includes this. I didn't even know it was an option till my wife found out.

I had to go back to the manual where it talks about the operation of the remote to find it.

It's in section 2 :THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR CAR

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE).............20

Express Down Window Feature...........25

This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door

windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and release

the unlock botton on the transmitter and then immediately press

and hold the unlock button until the windows lower to the level desired.........

I was looking for a date when my owners manual was printed, all I could find was third edition.

I've noticed when some one else references a page number it may or not match the page number in my book.

Thanks, sounds like you have a newer book then what I have and what is on the Dodge site (version 2). I will have to try your instructions and see if I can get it to work. If not I will ask the dealer if it can be programmed.

Alyssia

I was looking for a date when my owners manual was printed, all I could find was third edition.

I've noticed when some one else references a page number it may or not match the page number in my book.

I finally got it to work and like most of the things you can do with the remote, it's all in the timing. I found I could not wait at all to hit unlock the 2nd time and hold. However I did get it to work outside of the car, no doors open, but windows only went 1/2 way down and then when I tried sitting inside, windows went down all the way. Did you happen to see instructions on how to get the windows to roll up with the remote? I tried the obvious with the lock button and it didn't work. Guess I need to ask for a revised manual or see if they have update inserts.

This is great feature for really hot days and you want the heat to escape, without having to get in the car! Thanks for the info MoparJoe.

Alyssia

and hold the unlock button until the windows lower to the level desired

Not sure if this is the problem, but you can lower both windows at the same time using the remote key fob. This is a useful feature if you are approaching the vehicle in a parking lot on a hot sunny day and you want to vent the hot air prior to getting in. If you press the unlock button once and then immediately press it again and hold it down, both front windows will lower until they are all the way down or you release the button. Maybe this feature was accidentally activated.

My wife just discovered this today, if you hit the unlock button on the remote after opening the doors the windows will come down. It's on page 25 of the owners manual. Maybe you hit the remote when you placed it in your pocket.

I set off the panic alarm once and have stepped out of the house to find the lights on and car open. Most likely due to the buttons getting pushed while in my pocket. Too easy to do!!

TheStewie

• 3 weeks later...

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! Let me give you an example of what happened to my wife and I. I have the child safety locks turned off, my kids are 12 & 13 and do not forsee them jumping out of the car. When you arrive at your destination place the car in park and turn off the ignition the two front doors unlock, but not the rear doors. IS THER AN OPTION TO TURN ON THE FEATURE OF ALL 4 DOORS UNLOCKING, TAIL GATE AS WELL? Getting back to the story. To unlock the back doors my kids have to grab the door lock post and unlock or I have to hit the unlock button either in the car or REMOTE, in this case I used the remote. I must have pushed the remote button TWICE and thus the windows came down as I was getting out. I know I didn't hold the button down long enough for the windows to come down all the way but they were all the way down. I walked away with the windows down. To my pleasure nothing happened. I am going to mess around and see if I can duplicate the issue. I used to work for an electronics manufaturing company and when they would manufacture a prototype monitor, with microprocessor and buttons, they would give to a select few of us and see if we could break it. We would mash the button in different sequences or all the buttons at once and see if it would malfunction, needless to say we were successful at disabling the devices a few times. This was good QC! Maybe I lucked out!

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! Let me give you an example of what happened to my wife and I. I have the child safety locks turned off, my kids are 12 & 13 and do not forsee them jumping out of the car. When you arrive at your destination place the car in park and turn off the ignition the two front doors unlock, but not the rear doors. IS THER AN OPTION TO TURN ON THE FEATURE OF ALL 4 DOORS UNLOCKING, TAIL GATE AS WELL?

Yes there is!! Put your key in the ignition. Turn the key from LOCK to ON (not ACC) 4 times (you finish at the lock position). Do this under 45 seconds (I think it is 45, not sure). Immediately after, press the unlock button on the driver's door. You'll hear a little sound to confirm the success.

With this feature activate, all the doors will unlock ONLY when the driver will open his own door!

.........IS THER AN OPTION TO TURN ON THE FEATURE OF ALL 4 DOORS UNLOCKING, TAIL GATE AS WELL? .......

I changed mine using the evic personel options. It also controls other do dads too. Such as turning the horn on or off when you press the unlock button on the key fob.

I changed mine using the evic personel options. It also controls other do dads too. Such as turning the horn on or off when you press the unlock button on the key fob.

Oh yeah, all I told in my previous message is if you don't have the evic!

Express Down Window Feature...........25

and hold the unlock button until the windows lower to the level desired.........

WOW, it worked on my new R/T

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Journey R/T also with the "Second Edition" Owners Manual and page 25 does not have a section detailing the "unlock-press & hold" or "unlock-unlock-press & hold" to unlock driver's, all doors then open front windows option. Tonight, I got worried going to my car after work only to find the front windows halfway down. As I was walk to my car I unlocked it but was not directly looking at it and when I go the the drivers door I noticed the front windows where half opened. I now recall that I was pressing & holding the unlock button longer that I normally do. I tried the "unlock-press & hold" and "unlock-unlock-press & hold" and to my surprise the windows began to open and stop as soon a you let go of the unlock button. Nice feature when you come out to you car thats been parked in the middle of a giant parking lot for a few hours, you can vent it before you get to the car, as long as you can see.

Thanks for the update......er new found option.

I actually had it fixed while I was getting the recall done. It was the servo that was bad. They also fixed the squeak in the drivers side rear. There is a TSB out on it.