Canadian owners with 19" wheels

caperinmuskoka

Well with everyone talking about the cost to replace these 19" tires on my 2012 journey R/T, I went to the Canadian tire.ca/tires web-site just to see prices on the 19" replacement tires (not Kumho).

To my suprise they don't have any listings for them.....Wow....

Checked under 2010,2011,2012. model years

I guess they are special order only.........Anyboby have any luck with 19" replacement tires for the Journey in Canada with regards to cost/pricing?

I think the correct size is P 225/55/19

How many of you members bought 19" replacement tires for your Journey yet?

............Caper..........

Maybe that's why there were some posts on here about the AWD issues. The 225/55/19 are so hard to find some of the dealers may have put the 235/55/19 tires on as a pair in the front or the rear and caused major issues with the AWD wanted to engage due to the differances.

I did check and they do have lots of listings for the 235/55/19.

why did Dodge use such a rare tire size?

Does dodgecares have any input on the odd tire size?

The information about using 235/55/19 has been provided by dealers as well as Chrysler by calling into their customer support number.

For the AWD issues, I believe from the posts that I've seen on the forum, its not from mixing and matching tire sizes, but the varying amounts of tread. Using a different tire sizes on each tire is not a safe idea.

Question, if 235/55/19 will fit onto the 19' Rims the Journey has, would these 19' winter tires fit ok? http://www.tirerack....romCompare1=yes

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't, Chrysler has come out and said that 235/55/19 tires could be used as a replacement. Perhaps Dodge Cares could give us a more definitive answer.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should look for 17" winter tires on steel rims. Much more selection and easy to swap in the spring and fall. The 17" size for the Journey is 225/65-17. Steel rims need to be OEM or there will be clearance issues with the front calipers.

I went with 16" steel rims and winter tires for my 2011 Crew but I'm not sure if your 2012 Crew has the new, larger brakes that we've been hearing about. It seems that the larger brakes may be too big for 16" rims to fit.

Edited by drb227

I went with 16" steel rims and winter tires for my 2011 Crew but I'm not sure if your 2012 Crew has the new, larger brakes that we've been hearing about. It seems that the larger brakes may be too big for 16" rims to fit.

How much was it for the wheels drb227? Do you what the 17"s were going for? I've emailed my dealer for a quote but haven't heard back yet.

cheers!

Steph S.

I got the steel rims and tires from Simply Tire in Toronto. I've used them for a few years now. Great prices. I bought the Gislaved Nordfrost 5 tire (not the cheapest option but wow, what a great winter tire!). I paid $850 + taxes.

I'm sure Goodyear is working on a 19" replacement. I would prefer putting Goodyear Eagle GT's on when it's time to replace. I have always enjoyed the performance of the GT's on every vehicle I've owned. Just got our DJ so tire replacement might not be until 2014. Hoping for Goodyears by then.

• 4 months later...

I'm curious as to whether a set of winter tires/rims or just upgrading to a better all season tire would be the better option. I still remember what a world of difference it make for winter driving when I had my Neon and replaced the stock Eagle GA's with a set of Goodyear Comfortreads. That little car turned into a mountain goat! It just powered through snow drifts with the new tires!

So yeah, just wondering if maybe an upgraded all season would be a more economical compromise.