Canadian owners with 19" wheels

caperinmuskoka

I had 225/55 R17 tire size put on my 2011 Journey R/T and it just doesn't seem right. They were recommended a year ago by the Mopar guys at the dealership. They look like dinky tires and I got to believe my speedometer is off by quite a bit with these tires on. Any feedback here on this matter?

I had 225/55 R17 tire size put on my 2011 Journey R/T and it just doesn't seem right. They were recommended a year ago by the Mopar guys at the dealership. They look like dinky tires and I got to believe my speedometer is off by quite a bit with these tires on. Any feedback here on this matter?

Go to 1010tire.com. Enter in the original tire size and then the tire size that you have put on. It will show you the difference when the speedo reads at 100 KPH for both replacement tires. It also warns you if there is to great a difference in size.

I put on 225/65' R17's, as this size had the least amount of variance in total size and speed from the OEM 19's

Here is the link

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?err=98&rsn=usr-snt-emty-str

Go to 1010tire.com. Enter in the original tire size and then the tire size that you have put on. It will show you the difference when the speedo reads at 100 KPH for both replacement tires. It also warns you if there is to great a difference in size.

I put on 225/65' R17's, as this size had the least amount of variance in total size and speed from the OEM 19's

Here is the link

http://www.1010tires...sr-snt-emty-str

Yeah the 225/55R19 size is not fully recognized on the chart. Rare tire size I guess. Thanks though.

• 1 month later...

I just called Dodge Canada to confirm what would be a replacement for the 225/55/19 , and they told me to call my dealership, as Dodge Canada wouldn't make a formal recommendation...

Then I called my dealership, and they said that they won't change the tire size, or otherwise the computer would need to be recalibrated, so that the EBS and AWD would perform as required.

Do you guys have any comments about it? I would really like to change to the 235/55/19 that people have mentioned here, but it seems that neither Dodge Canada nor the dealer would know what to recommend. Speaks really bad about Dodge customer service.

I just called Dodge Canada to confirm what would be a replacement for the 225/55/19 , and they told me to call my dealership, as Dodge Canada wouldn't make a formal recommendation...

Then I called my dealership, and they said that they won't change the tire size, or otherwise the computer would need to be recalibrated, so that the EBS and AWD would perform as required.

Do you guys have any comments about it? I would really like to change to the 235/55/19 that people have mentioned here, but it seems that neither Dodge Canada nor the dealer would know what to recommend. Speaks really bad about Dodge customer service.

LOL! That sounds like a total pile of crap! How many owners here have slapped a completely different sized set of winter tires and wheels on their Journeys and no one has had to recalibrate their EBS and AWD!

• 3 months later...