Have you seen any other Journeys on the Road

Skittles019

Judging from the feedback on this thread it seems that Canada has a disproportionate number of Journeys on the road. Every time I turn around I see Journeys on the streets. Friends of ours in Idaho don't even know what a Journey is. We could not even show them ours as we rode our motorcycle down. We looked for one while we were down there but did not see any. Also it seems that there are a lot of Canadians on this forum. Maybe the administrators could give us a count of how many Americans versus Canadians. Would be interesting.

If someone in Idaho doesn't know what a journey is, that's understandable. That's truck country. There are more and more here in the US. I see lots in the southwest. We here in NM don't really know what a potato looks like either.

Peace.

I understand what you are saying. Alberta is also a big truck area. Almost seems it has to be diesel 4X4 or nothing. :dreamy: Must be all the farmers, ranchers and oil rig people. :headspin:

Here in Western Canada the Journey seems to fit well in a certain niche of the population. This is just my own opinion but It has a little more clearance than a Caravan, nearly the same room, it's not as cool to drive a minivan any more so more and more people are going the SUV route, the AWD is popular around here when compared to only FWD due to all the snow, it gets fairly decent gas mileage, it is priced very competively when compared to other offerings. Just my thoughts.......

Terry

I've only seen one other in our area and we are only 25 miles from the area's lone Dodge dealer, it was a '10. I think, in the US, it comes down to advertising by MOPAR... I've yet to se an add for one and my dealer only has two on the lot, a remaining '12 and one '13, one a Crew and one an SXT (that's why we had to order ours). The same thing happened with the Jeep Commander; truly a great vehicle (despite the trouble I had with mine), but, they were never advertised and after a 4 year run, the model was discontinued because of poor sales figures. Apparently, Dodge advertises the Journey fairly well in the rest of the world (as the Dodge or Fiat versions), but, not here in the US. Being in the country (trucks), I think when a lot of folks go to our local dealership, the push is for the Durango 4x4 (that may change now that the Durango is AWD) or the Jeep Grand Cherokee with true 4 wheel drive and away from "cross overs" that aren't true "trucks" (not 4x4). We see a boatload of Subaru models, but, very, very few Journeys.

Edited by webslave

I see a lot of Journeys whre I live. Three times, I have been in a Journey "convoy", which was kind of neat. The first time, the front one was white, the second on silver, then me (Storm grey) and the fourth one, black. The other two convoys, dominate colour was silver.

As for not seeing Journeys in the United States, I remember seeing sales figures by regions (unfortunatley can't remember wherer) and Journeys are more popular in the South. Just a theory on my part, but I think its due to Dodge image as being a "redneck" vehicle and has a great NASCAR history. Dodge (Chrysler) is the really the only Manufacturer of the big three that is trying to relive the old days of the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's, the SRT line, big V8's as otpions buyers can consider.

The Northern states, especially those that get lots of snow, as well as Colorado in the West, one will see more Subarus, I think mainly because of the full time AWD. (Our second car is a Subaru)

Another reason for Journey sales being lower may be due to image and whats in and out. it is quite obvious on some automobile board (particularly in Canada), the there is a hate on for Dodge, for no reason other then its a Dodge. A majority of members on the forum, lease their vehicles and freely admit that they wouldn't want to hang on to their vehicles after the warranty has expired. So really what they are saying is the expensive imports are not any more realiable then a Dodge.

Its also could be considered a working mans vehicle, and heaven forbid that some people should be seen in that type of vehicle. The in thing seems to be driving expensive Japanese and German imports, after all one can't be seen in a Dodge Journey.

For those of us who are comfortable as to who we are, we see a great buy and a great vehicle that doesn't break the bank on purchase and post warranty repairs.