These Keys AKA transponders SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

funegirl

The remote starter will only run the car for 15 minutes, then time out. It can be re-started remotely one more time and will run again for a maximum of 15 minutes, then time out if the start button on the dash is not pressed within that time. The car will not allow any additional remote starts until the dash button is cycled, which then resets the system. Trust me, it did not run for nine hours.That can only happen if you start it by pressing the start button on the dash.

The O2 sensor voltage low is an unrelated issue. You could run the car at idle all day without affectiing the O2 sensor. Think of all the police/fire/emergency vehicles that are left running for hours on end - these sensors are designed for continuous operation. Now that the engine light is on, the remote start feature will be disabled - unless you cleared it with your code reader. Take it to your dealer for serv ice - unless you've gone over 36K miles, an O2 sensor issue is covered by the basic warranty.

Edited by Journeyman425

I as far I know the possibility of it running for 9hrs

is a near impossibility as the system has a 15 minute timer

built in.

It also will only remote start two times in a given period of time,

yes mine remote started one day in my garage when I leaned

against the counter top in the kitchen so I know it can happen.

It would appear that remote was activated a number of times

over 9 hrs.

Edited by bigtsr

Sounds like you got a little worked up over something without doing the research. I'm not sure what happened, but it wasn't the remote start that caused any of your issues. As Journeyman425 stated more eloquently...it is impossible. Either way, sounds like a trip to the dealer is in your future. If you don't have the owners manual for your vehicle I would suggest downloading it online and reading it. Knowing how your car operates seems like something someone would want to know.... Good luck and let us know what they say about the O2 sensor.

It is posiable to leave the car running and lock it up and it will run that long but not from a remote start.

Now personally I wish you could remote start and have it run that long. Currently if you leave it running someone can break in and drive it away.

I don't know about anyone else but the Journey has the push button start and the fact that it runs so quiet that I've walked away without shutting if off a couple of times. It could also be that as I get older my memory isn't the same and I repeat myself. I double check now. I double check now. I double check now!

Edited by rolly

it runs so quiet that I've walked away without shutting if off a couple of times.

Maybe age is catching up to me too...... :lol:

I have something similar, ever since I removed the kayak carriers from the roof and used my trailer for them, my car has become very quiet with the sunroof open especially on the highway, so much so I have left my sunroof open on several occasions.

Terry

I don't know about anyone else but the Journey has the push button start and the fact that it runs so quiet that I've walked away without shutting if off a couple of times. It could also be that as I get older my memory isn't the same and I repeat myself. I double check now. I double check now. I double check now!

I think I am about the same age as you rolly and I've done it too too, well couple of times anyway. :)

Maybe age is catching up to me too...... :lol:

I have something similar, ever since I removed the kayak carriers from the roof and used my trailer for them, my car has become very quiet with the sunroof open especially on the highway, so much so I have left my sunroof open on several occasions.

Terry

I think I am about the same age as you rolly and I've done it too too, well couple of times anyway. :)

Hmmm... The common denominator here seems to be that you are all Canadian... Coincidence?