Step Bars

I have a set installed on 2009 SXT. It may or may not help your young Journeyer in and out. These rails are pretty well in line with the black plastic rock guard that runs the length wheel to wheel and stick out no more than 4 or 5 inches. I know they are of no use to an adult for entry/exit but a child maybe. The best use, other than cosmetic is that seem to keep other people's car doors off yours in parking lots.

I have a set installed on 2009 SXT. It may or may not help your young Journeyer in and out. These rails are pretty well in line with the black plastic rock guard that runs the length wheel to wheel and stick out no more than 4 or 5 inches. I know they are of no use to an adult for entry/exit but a child maybe. The best use, other than cosmetic is that seem to keep other people's car doors off yours in parking lots.

• 4 weeks later...

I never thought of the parking lot thing. thanks for the info

The parking lot comment was great! I would have never thought of that either! BTW, did you ever have the bars installed? I have thought about having some put on mine for looks but I am also having mud flaps installed tomorrow and I didn't know how a bar would fit with them on....also if you had the bars put on picts would be great!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We had side bars put on our R/T a couple of months ago., I think they look great and now not so worried about parking in tight spaces! I can also stand on them to wash the roof without having to open the doors.

396296534.jpg

396296446.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the DeeZee 3" stainless steel side bars. Appear much like the one in the photo above. Bought for $349.00 Canadian (plus taxes). Local performance shop ordered them direct from American supplier (here in one week). Small parts issue was rectified with a call to DeeZee and they shipped replacement which arrived in one week as well. Look good, easy to install (one hour or so) and so far have kept their shine. Been installed for 2 years now through 2 Maritime winters. You can find their website at www.deezee.com.

Good luck

Edited by BUGS

• 1 month later...

I bought some through the dealer. They are from Deezee. Had the dealer install them along with a set of mud flaps. All fit and work great. However,recently I have noticed a sound coming from underneath the Journey. Turns out a bolt for the side steps on the driver's side has fallen out and the passenger side is becoming a little loose. Making an appointment with the dealer this week to see if this problem can be fixed.

Brand new here and the wife and i were talking about this very same thing a few weeks back. im 6'5" and have no issues but our girls are very young and a little too independent and always want to get into it themselves but always struggle. The wife is only 5'2" herself so getting these makes sense. They also set the look of the Journey off too...totally changes the lines on it.

I may have to go into the dealership and see what kind of price i can get for them. When i go in and order/install will take some pics.

The loose bolt may be caused by the plate breaking away from the threaded rod. These are used to mount the bracket to the frame. They are set into pre moulded openings. One of mine broke during the install and DEEZEE sent me up a whole new install kit in 5 days (across the border even) The running boards (tubes) do not interfere with the mud flaps at all.

If you want to remove them for the winter it is just 4 small bolts undone and they're off. I found mine collected slush and ice on snowy days.

I'm still trying to figure out this 6'5" / 5'2" thing. Sounds like fun. :)

oh it is fun. Hence the 3 kids and one on the way! lol

Im going in monday to see what kind of price i can get with the dealer.

The loose bolt may be caused by the plate breaking away from the threaded rod. These are used to mount the bracket to the frame. They are set into pre moulded openings. One of mine broke during the install and DEEZEE sent me up a whole new install kit in 5 days (across the border even) The running boards (tubes) do not interfere with the mud flaps at all.

If you want to remove them for the winter it is just 4 small bolts undone and they're off. I found mine collected slush and ice on snowy days.

I'm still trying to figure out this 6'5" / 5'2" thing. Sounds like fun. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...