Step Bars

Ordered them through the dealer, but i know they went through a speed shop locally here. I had to bring the Journey in for paint sealer and undercoating (we use salt on the roads in the winter up here) so they installed the step ups first then sprayed the undercoat underneath to ensure all the bolts were covered.

They were $399.99 list price, but i got em for $304.00 plus tax and labor which came to $466.81. Not too bad.

The part# on my invoice shows as 221807 if this is any help.

Next time i'm in i will ask the guys at the parts desk what make it was as i cant see any branding at all on the one on our truck.

should have installed them yourself....that is really pricey IMO

I must admit it does seem a little pricey.

I certainly mean no disrespect to you when I say this. You should remember that some Journey owners might be incapable of doing it themselves, whether it be because of some sort of disability, lack of knowledge or just plain time. In some cases it is to their advantage to just "do it" and have someone else do it for them rather than to attempt it themselves. As always just my thoughts of couse others may differ ;)

Terry

Edited by Windancer

For us Canadian folks : I'm seeing truck DEEZEE running boards at Canadian Tire - maybe they are able to get the step bars at a decent price from the supplier as well.

I'll look it up when I go next time, should they be able to order them I'm hoping it will be for a tad bit less $ than what the dodge dealership will charge me for. I'd be doing the install myself, hoping there's no drilling... :banghead:

2011J, reading posts, I'm assuming yours are 3in deezee bars, you mind giving us the part # you got ?

thx

yah i can see where if someone had disabilities or whatever, but thats when you make friends who ARE able lol. i used to have a buddy (i say used to only because he passed away) who had cystic fibrosis and was unable to work on his 96 impala ss at times, so i would go over and help him out.

Sorry to hear about your friend, it was nice that you could help him out.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

No worries guys. i decided to get the dealer to do it so i wouldn't have to worry about drilling, etc. You do need to drill two holes in each side for these ones (i believe they are Deezee as well). The holes need to be drilled through some sort of drain sill or something. Found a description online about it but cant find it again. Other than those two holes on each side that need to be drilled, the remaining hardware mounts to the existing mounts underneith on the frame.

The part# on my invoice was 221807.

We will have a place next year where i can do the work myself...just dont have the room right now.

2011J, reading posts, I'm assuming yours are 3in deezee bars, you mind giving us the part # you got ?

thx