• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

novice

Posted Images

post-3376-047940100 1303863745_thumb.jpg

Did any of you get the special 88 MPH Back To The Future Edition like I did?

On Rail Car 05/12

Unloaded from Rail Car 05/31

To be delivered 05/12 .... Exactly 12 hours before it left!!!!!

Damn!!!! They fixed it!!! Now it's being delivered on June 3rd.... Hopefully no delays.

Damn!!!! They fixed it!!! Now it's being delivered on June 3rd.... Hopefully no delays.

Honestly, I don't know how much faith to put in this tracking system. My dealer told me delivery was scheduled for April 25th, which came and went. My Chevy lease went back to the dealer on that day.

Up until yesterday, the INSIGHT tracking website was saying May 03 - well I can live with that.

Check it today - the train is just to the south in ND...but now delivery is slated for May 12!!!

We're in the middle of a severe river flood, which affects the route...I wonder if that's a factor.

I need to call my dealer - May 12 without a car is really stretching it!

Edited by Geer

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me figure out my VIN. The dealer said he could only supply me with the last 8 characters: bt551012, and that the last 8 were all you needed. I noticed that 2011MainMango's VIN ended with bt544993. I tried taking the beginning of MainMango's VIN, 3d4pg1fg7, and adding bt551012. The Insight link did not work when I placed that VIN into the link (3d4pg1fg7bt551012). I was wondering if other's VIN's all happen to begin with 3d4pg1fg7 and mine just isn't up on the site yet, or if the whole VIN is truly unique....

Any help would be appreciated,

Aaron

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me figure out my VIN. The dealer said he could only supply me with the last 8 characters: bt551012, and that the last 8 were all you needed. I noticed that 2011MainMango's VIN ended with bt544993. I tried taking the beginning of MainMango's VIN, 3d4pg1fg7, and adding bt551012. The Insight link did not work when I placed that VIN into the link (3d4pg1fg7bt551012). I was wondering if other's VIN's all happen to begin with 3d4pg1fg7 and mine just isn't up on the site yet, or if the whole VIN is truly unique....

Aaron

No, you need the entire number. The last 8 numbers are just the build sequence number, the first 8 identify the trim level and possibly order packages and/or equipment.

Aaron

I would think either they have the VIN# or they don't. Having only part of it does not ring true to me. I would question them about it. Good luck!

Here is mine. 3D4PH6FG4BT530785

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=3d4ph6fg4bt530785&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

Honestly, I don't know how much faith to put in this tracking system. My dealer told me delivery was scheduled for April 25th, which came and went. My Chevy lease went back to the dealer on that day.

Up until yesterday, the INSIGHT tracking website was saying May 03 - well I can live with that.

Check it today - the train is just to the south in ND...but now delivery is slated for May 12!!!

We're in the middle of a severe river flood, which affects the route...I wonder if that's a factor.

I need to call my dealer - May 12 without a car is really stretching it!

this is true, when i first started checking it a few weeks the ETA was 4/25 but a few days it got bumped to 4/26 and then 4/29, and yesterday it got bumped to 5/2 :banghead: . it's at the local rail junction, but i just think the shortage of trucks is making it being delayed even more.

this is true, when i first started checking it a few weeks the ETA was 4/25 but a few days it got bumped to 4/26 and then 4/29, and yesterday it got bumped to 5/2 :banghead: . it's at the local rail junction, but i just think the shortage of trucks is making it being delayed even more.

Frustrating - isn't it?!

now the ETA is 5/3. :jackinbox:

Mine is sitting on a rail car in south Edmonton. I could walk over there and pick I up but I am afraid they will not let me. ETA at the dealership is May 04th. I don’t see why it would take that long. I am sure we all will get our vehicles some time this year. LOL

Mine is sitting on a rail car in south Edmonton. I could walk over there and pick I up but I am afraid they will not let me. ETA at the dealership is May 04th. I don’t see why it would take that long. I am sure we all will get our vehicles some time this year. LOL

The tracking system was behind by about three days for me: I've been driving my new R/T for two days now, but the tracking system still says it hasn't made it to the dealer yet. It was actually funny... the day it arrived, I thought the salesman who called me was trying to play a prank on me, just 'cause he knew I've been so excited about "the big day". And since the tracking system said the truck is still in Edmonton, my answer to the salesman news "Sir, your car has just arrived" was "Yeah, sure, nice try!".

I bet he doesn't often get that reaction from a customer :-)

Anyway... it's here now and it's absolutely spectacular in every aspect. But for the tracking system... you might get your car sooner than you think. For the record, I've ordered mine on Feb 28 and received it on April 28.

Cheers!

The tracking system was behind by about three days for me: I've been driving my new R/T for two days now, but the tracking system still says it hasn't made it to the dealer yet. It was actually funny... the day it arrived, I thought the salesman who called me was trying to play a prank on me, just 'cause he knew I've been so excited about "the big day". And since the tracking system said the truck is still in Edmonton, my answer to the salesman news "Sir, your car has just arrived" was "Yeah, sure, nice try!".

Anyway... it's here now and it's absolutely spectacular in every aspect. But for the tracking system... you might get your car sooner than you think. For the record, I've ordered mine on Feb 28 and received it on April 28.

Cheers!

Lucky you - how do you like it?

You are from Toronto – why would your car end up on a truck in Edmonton??? My car came on a train through Winnipeg. I ordered on January 29th.

Cheers!

CONGRATS how do you like the car and the engine. and i really do hope that the shipping is 3 days behind for mine because it just got moved up another day.

I also input my VIN number in the system just now, the timeline is as follow:

Scheduled for build on 3/17/2011

Builting starts at 4/4/2011

In Toluca Terminal at 4/5/2011

Arrived at Dealer on 4/27/2011

So the timeline is exact 6 week from 3/17 - 4/27

And I already have this car in my garage as of today. I think I'm lucky. :)

Mine was ordered Feb 14th and slated to be built on mar 11th a month later? Anyway, it arrived in the Montreal train yard on the 20th and delivered Tuesday the 26th. I'm gonna tough it out until next week because the rebate program changes so I might get lucky and they'res an extra factory rebate and/or interest rate reduction.

Program didn't change yet. Dealer will get it tomorrow. I got it rustproofed and marked for theft. It looks awesome! Can't wait! My friend and his boss said that he should get the new program tomorrow morning.

Program didn't change yet. Dealer will get it tomorrow. I got it rustproofed and marked for theft. It looks awesome! Can't wait! My friend and his boss said that he should get the new program tomorrow morning.

[/quote

You got to see it ?

My dealer e-mailed today to let me know the car is in town. They will let me know when they can pick it up. I hope I will get it this week too. Would you mind to post tomorrow and let me know if the program has changed?

To bad there was not a change in the program. Thanks for letting me know.

The ETA for my car is 05/05 and i still haven't heard from the dealer. It shows that it was unloaded from the rail car on the 1st. I don't know why it would take 4 days to get it the 20 km to the dealer. Hopefully I will still get it this week.

Looks like they have made changes.....

If you go on the Canadian Website and try to build an R/T you will notice they have dropped the $2,000 Consumer Cash incentive and raised the interest rate from 3.99 up to 5.99.

Good thing I ordered my R/T back in Feb, so those incentives will apply. Journey was off loaded yesterday from the railcar, so hopefully I will get it this weekend.

Edited by BP_Brandon

Looks like they have made changes.....

If you go on the Canadian Website and try to build an R/T you will notice they have dropped the $2,000 Consumer Cash incentive and raised the interest rate from 3.99 up to 5.99.

Good thing I ordered my R/T back in Feb, so those incentives will apply. Journey was off loaded yesterday from the railcar, so hopefully I will get it this weekend.

BP_Brandon - You must have a wonderful dealership to offer February incentives this month. I also placed a factory order for a new LUX model in February and asked my dealership which incentive I get, he told me when I take ownership of the vehicle and sign the contract - whatever incentive is currently being offered is the one I get.

Let me know if you get the February deal.

BP_Brandon - You must have a wonderful dealership to offer February incentives this month. I also placed a factory order for a new LUX model in February and asked my dealership which incentive I get, he told me when I take ownership of the vehicle and sign the contract - whatever incentive is currently being offered is the one I get.

Let me know if you get the February deal.

Hmm... I was told that I get the incentives that are offered when I order the vehicle, or if when the vehicle arrives and the incentives are better I would get those, which ever is better between the two. Now I did order the vehicle using the "friends of the fleet" program ( I work for a Railroad that hauls the vehicles) so I am wondering if that makes a difference??

When locking in personal factory orders you receive price protection and the option to take the incentives at the month you order, or the month it is delivered. Order if you can for the chance of model change discounts. Ie. a late availability option might be added to a group you selected at no extra cost. That or consumer cash discounts change and has saved $2500 for 3 customers of mine who ordered trucks.

Also, get a fleet account if you usually pay cash for your vehicle, if you can. The fleet discounts are always at least $500 better than the public offering. Or way more on some models. I only have the fleet discount rates for April but they are $1000 better than public programs on the Journey.

Looks like a spoke too soon as the Dodge (CDN) website has now been updated back to showing the $2,000 consumer cash and 3.0 % interest rate.

One thing I just remembered, I asked my dealer to provide me with the factory build sheet of my vehicle. When I recieved it, I noticed that, even though I did not select the trailer option, my vehicle was built with a engine oil cooler. So I guess the $200 option is just for the wiring harness.