Where is my new Journey RT?

novice

We ordered our Journey RT on January 29th. When we were looking at ordering we were told 6 8 weeks, when we ordered it changed to maximum 10 weeks, now its 12 weeks and still not here. Latest story was that Dodge fired the transport company Allied Lines and there is a back log with transportation. Anyone knows if this is just a story or if this is the truth? It will be supposedly another week before we get it. I cant wait to see it. We picked the white gold color. Anyone has it? How does it look?

Edited by novice

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

novice

Posted Images

This makes me very worried!!!! I didn't order until March 23rd. If I have to wait 2 more months, I will go INSANE.

I have already taken the hitch off of my Caravan so June camping would be out of the question!

AAAARRRRGGGHHH

I had read that Allied was canned, but thought that they only hauled the vehicles built in canada and us. Journey is built in mexico, so shoud be transported on rail.???

Do you know what the build date was for your journey?

Edited by SaskGuy

i think everyone with a journey on order will love me for this, should of posted earlier but there is a website you can use to track the building of your vehicle and shipping status, i found out about it a week ago from chargerforums.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOUR VEHICLE IS BEING BUILT OR IS ON THE WAY, NOT IF YOUR VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN BUILT YET.

HERE IS THE LINK

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=(PUT VIN HERE)&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

where i typed:(put vin here) replace that with your vehicle vin, make sure you take out the parentheses too, everything i bolded, replace that with the vin(vehicle identification number) of your vehicle.

for example here is mine, you can see when the eta(estimated time of arrival) is. http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=3d4pg1fg7bt544993&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

Hi SuskGuy,

I was thinking too that the cars would come from Mexico by train. They told me the car was right now somewhere in Minnesota. They told me about three weeks ago that the care was ready for shipping.

Thanks Mainmango,

I didn’t get my VIN# but will ask for it tomorrow.

Hi SuskGuy,

I was thinking too that the cars would come from Mexico by train. They told me the car was right now somewhere in Minnesota. They told me about three weeks ago that the care was ready for shipping.

Thanks Mainmango,

I didn’t get my VIN# but will ask for it tomorrow.

Hi from Winnipeg. I believe I can help you out:

Ordered my R/T on Feb.4th and was told wait time is anywhere from 6-10 weeks. I am past the 10 week mark and was also told there was a shipping delay. I called a few days ago and was told mid-week the car was on the train and in Missouri. Delivery date is tentative April 25 which is Monday. Since you know your car is in Minnesota, I have a good hunch yours is on the same train as mine -the timing is right. I'm willing to bet yours show up on Tuesday or Wednesday!

Edited by Geer

Hi Geer,

Thank you. I hope you are right. I will let you know when I get ours. I cannot wait to get it. There are a lot of people saying it’s a bad car but I hope they are wrong.

I just have to drive my 94 Eagle Vision a few days longer.

Happy Easter!

actually the first link doesn't work, i just checked. so just open up the status of my vehicle and replace the vin with your car, the vin is 17 characters, so make sure it is replaced.

I got my VIN# and was able to trace it. It’s somewhere on a Railcar Red Wing/MN and ETA April 29th in Edmonton Rail Yard. Delivery to dealer is scheduled for May 03rd. So, it will be close to 14 weeks. Looking at it the vehicle was scheduled to be built on March11th. That was almost 5 weeks after I had ordered it.

Thanks a lot for the web site address. I now know that I will not get it next week as they told us on Friday.

Happy Easter!

I got my VIN# and was able to trace it. It’s somewhere on a Railcar Red Wing/MN and ETA April 29th in Edmonton Rail Yard. Delivery to dealer is scheduled for May 03rd. So, it will be close to 14 weeks. Looking at it the vehicle was scheduled to be built on March11th. That was almost 5 weeks after I had ordered it.

Thanks a lot for the web site address. I now know that I will not get it next week as they told us on Friday.

Happy Easter!

Well at least you can track it now. I hope my R/T isn't on the same train now!! I'm going to try and get my VIN and check as well.

Mine was ordered Feb 14th and slated to be built on mar 11th a month later? Anyway, it arrived in the Montreal train yard on the 20th and delivered Tuesday the 26th. I'm gonna tough it out until next week because the rebate program changes so I might get lucky and they'res an extra factory rebate and/or interest rate reduction.

Mine was ordered Feb 14th and slated to be built on mar 11th a month later? Anyway, it arrived in the Montreal train yard on the 20th and delivered Tuesday the 26th. I'm gonna tough it out until next week because the rebate program changes so I might get lucky and they'res an extra factory rebate and/or interest rate reduction.

Is the current rebate running out at the end of the month?

I would not benefit from an interest rate deduction but an extra factory rebate above the $2000 that was in place when I ordered would be nice. We always can hope.

Well at least you can track it now. I hope my R/T isn't on the same train now!! I'm going to try and get my VIN and check as well.

Got my VIN as well and checked it...not due in until May 3rd!

I'm happy to hear the incentive programs are changing before then - I have a feeling Chrysler will up the rebates or drop the interest rate to blow out the 11's...my dealer said they'd hold the current program if a newer one wasn't as good - but I think the opposite will be the case.

glad i could help everyone track their journeys. you're welcome. :D

Yeah - thanks for the link as I got more information from that tracking website than several calls to the dealer - they were not much help! At least now I know exactly what's going on.

Just checked again, my Journey got delivered today! Thanks for the link!!!

Good for you. But you also wanted to drag it out till after May 01 to see if the new incentives will be better. Don’t forget to post some pics.

I checked mine yesterday again and the delivery date to the dealer has been pushed back to May 05th. Maybe it will be me my BD present on the 7th.

The link is great. I am a senior and thinking how technology has advanced in the last 35 years is unbelievable. Back then in Germany we were using punch cards that were delivered to IBM every day for processing.

post-3376-047940100 1303863745_thumb.jpg

Did any of you get the special 88 MPH Back To The Future Edition like I did?

On Rail Car 05/12

Unloaded from Rail Car 05/31

To be delivered 05/12 .... Exactly 12 hours before it left!!!!!

BTW Thanks for the link mainmango

Edited by SaskGuy

We ordered our Journey RT on January 29th. When we were looking at ordering we were told 6 – 8 weeks, when we ordered it changed to maximum 10 weeks, now it’s 12 weeks and still not here. Latest story was that Dodge fired the transport company Allied Lines and there is a back log with transportation. Anyone knows if this is just a story or if this is the truth? It will be supposedly another week before we get it. I can’t wait to see it. We picked the white gold color. Anyone has it? How does it look?

I purchased my Journey R/T AWD on April 7th. I'm very impressed with it and have gotten a lot of compliments on it! I chose one off the lot. Mine has a moonroof, heated leather seats, 8.4 touchscreen with navigation, and is a five seater. The colour is White Gold and it looks classy. The only thing I am disappointed about is I thought it would have the UConnect Voice Command with Bluetooth technology. At the time of purchase, the salesman at the dealership didn't know anything about it. I'm still waiting on that for it's supposed to be a late spring availability for it. But I think i'm out of luck on it, for I think it's going to be a $300 add on if I want it. I saw a Journey Crew on the lot the other day that did have the Voice Command, so I don't know what gives there! But other than that, I'm very impressed with the handling and power! I was just looking on the Dodge.ca website, and I no longer see the Journey offered in the R/T model! Has anyone heard anything about this?

I purchased my Journey R/T AWD on April 7th. I'm very impressed with it and have gotten a lot of compliments on it! I chose one off the lot. Mine has a moonroof, heated leather seats, 8.4 touchscreen with navigation, and is a five seater. The colour is White Gold and it looks classy. The only thing I am disappointed about is I thought it would have the UConnect Voice Command with Bluetooth technology. At the time of purchase, the salesman at the dealership didn't know anything about it. I'm still waiting on that for it's supposed to be a late spring availability for it. But I think i'm out of luck on it, for I think it's going to be a $300 add on if I want it. I saw a Journey Crew on the lot the other day that did have the Voice Command, so I don't know what gives there! But other than that, I'm very impressed with the handling and power! I was just looking on the Dodge.ca website, and I no longer see the Journey offered in the R/T model! Has anyone heard anything about this?

Glad to hear white gold looks good. The color on the web site is never what it actually will look like. I can hardly wait to see it. We test drove a 2010 which is not the same as the 2011.

It is strange how the R/T was off the web site last week but then it was back on I think yesterday and now it’s off again.

Glad to hear white gold looks good. The color on the web site is never what it actually will look like. I can hardly wait to see it. We test drove a 2010 which is not the same as the 2011.

It is strange how the R/T was off the web site last week but then it was back on I think yesterday and now it’s off again.

Yeah, you can't really get the true color off the website, or from the brochure for that matter. I hope that it's a nice sunny day when you pick up your Journey, so it can really shine for you! I'm sure you are going to be very pleased with the white gold! As for the R/T on/off the website, who the heck knows. Anyone?

Yeah, you can't really get the true color off the website, or from the brochure for that matter. I hope that it's a nice sunny day when you pick up your Journey, so it can really shine for you! I'm sure you are going to be very pleased with the white gold! As for the R/T on/off the website, who the heck knows. Anyone?

Just checked again - and it is back on the web site.