Kumho tires are Junk.

Goats

I am going to change out my tires in the next month or two on my 2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD, the Kumho's will have approximately 42000-44000 km and would probably go another 10,000-15,000 kms, but I want new tires for the winter season. Not the best mileage but reasonable for an OEM tire where they seem to strive for ride as opposed to mileage.

I am going to replace them with Michelins 235/55/19, the 225/55/19 size is still causing a bit of a concern, pricing and availability on this size is still way "out to lunch". As has been said numerous times Chrysler has endorsed this size.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I am going to change out my tires in the next month or two on my 2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD, the Kumho's will have approximately 42000-44000 km and would probably go another 10,000-15,000 kms, but I want new tires for the winter season. Not the best mileage but reasonable for an OEM tire where they seem to strive for ride as opposed to mileage.

I am going to replace them with Michelins 235/55/19, the 225/55/19 size is still causing a bit of a concern, pricing and availability on this size is still way "out to lunch". As has been said numerous times Chrysler has endorsed this size.

Terry

Hope you have better luck then I did, I tried a set of Michelin 235's from Costco, they didn't fit correctly and i have to have my old tires put back on

Drozz said;

Hope you have better luck then I did, I tried a set of Michelin 235's from Costco, they didn't fit correctly and i have to have my old tires put back on

Just curious what problems did you encounter? I must admit Costgo was the Plan 'B'.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

got about 52 k on my stock kumhos and still have good tread on them but will also trade them out before winter, i did keep them rotated by myself every 10k. havent had any bad things to say about them and we have alot of heat and icey rds. no deep snow....

I'm only up to 4500 miles, but so far these tires are every bit as good as the Michelins on my 300M's. Pilot HX MXM4 on the current car and Primacy MXV4 on the semi-retired M. Smooth, very quiet, excellent dry traction and no hydroplaning issues in wet. All that's left is to see how they perform in snow with FWD and how many miles they last. Rotation is very important. . At this point, if I had to replace the tires, I'd get the same ones again, no question. We'll see in the long run but rightr now I'm very satisfied.

• 8 months later...

2011 R/T AWD @ 71000K with Kuhmos and about 1/16" from wearbar . . .looking for a tire with longer life! The Kuhmos have been served well just not getting the distance I had hoped for. . .suggestions?

You got 71,000 miles out of a set of tires and you want longer life??? Thats almost twice as long as most get with kuhmos. Maybe if you went to a solid rubber tire it will last longer. I would not complain at all about getting 71,000 miles out of a set of tires. I'd be bragging about it.

Edited by jkeaton

You got 71,000 miles out of a set of tires and you want longer life??? Thats almost twice as long as most get with kuhmos. Maybe if you went to a solid rubber tire it will last longer. I would not complain at all about getting 71,000 miles out of a set of tires. I'd be bragging about it.

71,000 kilometers... that's roughly 44,000 miles.

71,000 kilometers... that's roughly 44,000 miles.

Oh....d@mn metric thing......still, 44k miles out of OEM Kuhmos aint nothing to complain about. There are some 50 and 60k tires out there. Pretty hard compound though, might make the ride a little rougher. When it comes to tires, I don't expect more than 40,000 miles, if I get more thats great. I dont keep a car past 100,000 miles (the primiary car anyway). Usually put one set on in that time. I can live with having to buy one set of tires for a vehicle I keep for maybe 4-5 years.