Day Time running lights

2 hours ago, Daniel Anderson said:

Don't come on in Park or Drive. Don't come on in AUTO

You have been posting of a number of different electrical problems, can you please share a bit of the cars history so members may get a better clue as to what may be going on?

How long have you has this car

Was it in an accident and repaired

How about that roof water leak, is this car equipped with sunroof?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Canadian cars are supposed to have functioning DLR's......UNLESS this was a USA car brought into Canada. Our Canadian members could tell you better on this.

The car was purchased on Jan 19, 2024. I have no service records other then  from dealer doing the PDI on it.

SGI reported a collision with an animal in 2017. It resulted in between 2 000 to 2 300 dollars CA funds damage ( I recall reading).

There is a sun roof from factory equipped.

Have Auto/Off//Park/Headlights selector switch. Nothing mentioned in owners manual about daytime running lights.

Kilometers, liters, on instruments. Miles is available for speed display

Daniel sends

4 hours ago, Daniel Anderson said:

The car was purchased on Jan 19, 2024. I have no service records other then  from dealer doing the PDI on it.

SGI reported a collision with an animal in 2017. It resulted in between 2 000 to 2 300 dollars CA funds damage ( I recall reading).

There is a sun roof from factory equipped.

Have Auto/Off//Park/Headlights selector switch. Nothing mentioned in owners manual about daytime running lights.

Kilometers, liters, on instruments. Miles is available for speed display

Daniel sends

Did you go the the settings page of the center infotainment/radio  screen and check lighting section?

The thread just posted says such if you read thru it.

So you JUST RECENTLY bought this Journey, YES there are a lot of things to get accustomed to with these cars, and I would even surmise that door lock options can also be found thru settings page of the infotainment screen.

this is where you need to go to see if your journey drl are set to come on,since you are in Canada I assume it is the law there for all cars to have drl at all times, YOU may have a problem as to why they are not coming on, WHEN the journey is in a  forward gear they

light up if your in PARK......also you don't give the year your journey was made as well

1 hour ago, 5rebel9 said:

Did you go the the settings page of the center infotainment/radio  screen and check lighting section?

The thread just posted says such if you read thru it.

So you JUST RECENTLY bought this Journey, YES there are a lot of things to get accustomed to with these cars, and I would even surmise that door lock options can also be found thru settings page of the infotainment screen.

he isn't giving very good info I wonder if he has bought a journey made for the U.S. instead of a Canadian model as the U.S. version drl are an option and Canada modules drl are mandatory  or there has been some damage to the drl lighting system due to an animal accident as he has said its in the cars history

Edited by 2late4u

To transfer ownership vehicle needs to be certified by the dealer he mentioned. Everything has to work , for 36 days I believe.

Just bring it back.

DTR Wont come on if parking brake used and remote start is used.  Could check front yellow signal bulbs. They are two filament bulbs (like 1157 brake light)  with direction signal flash and running light on separate filaments. But are yellow coloured 1157.

Some cars use main head light bulbs on lower power feed via a separate DTR module. Journey doesn’t.

ALFAOBD can be used to turn on day time running lights feature in the ecm.  Lots of U.S. guys have done it as an extra safety item. Feature not on dash display controls, or at least not on my 2014 or daughter in laws 2012.

18 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

To transfer ownership vehicle needs to be certified by the dealer he mentioned. Everything has to work , for 36 days I believe.

Just bring it back.

DTR Wont come on if parking brake used and remote start is used.  Could check front yellow signal bulbs. They are two filament bulbs (like 1157 brake light)  with direction signal flash and running light on separate filaments. But are yellow coloured 1157.

Some cars use main head light bulbs on lower power feed via a separate DTR module. Journey doesn’t.

ALFAOBD can be used to turn on day time running lights feature in the ecm.  Lots of U.S. guys have done it as an extra safety item. Feature not on dash display controls, or at least not on my 2014 or daughter in laws 2012.

my 2014 didn't come with them on it, had the fellow blogger on here(   Journeyman425 ) he added the sales code to my vin#  at his dealership and then my drls started working

I have car warmer on in vehicle. Getting good info from everyone on here. Willing to try anymore ideas. I have the DVD and owners manual for this 2015 Cross Road. My VIN No. 3C4PDDGGOFT589091 hope this additional information helps to determine build location. Import or ability to program a code into the BCM to get Daytime Running Lights. They are the law in Canada. The acting Sales Consultant mentioned a 120 point safety inspection had already been completed before I took delivery.

VIN: 3C4PDDGG0FT589091
Report ID:  #421443038469
Generated:  2024-01-19 05:01:00 PST
Vehicle Specifications
This section lists basic vehicle details encoded by the VIN.
Source: VA
VIN 3C4PDDGG0FT589091
Make Dodge
Trim Crossroad
Made In Mexico
Steering Type Rack & Pinion
Fuel Type Regular Unleaded
Gross Weight 5600 pounds
Overall Length 192.40 inches
Standard Seating 5
Highway Mileage 24 miles/gallon

The Vehicle Dealer Regulations (SK,

Canada)
Responsibility of the Dealer (used vehicle lemon laws)
“Warranty":
5-29(1) In this section, ‘power train’ means the engine, transmission, drive shafts, differential and the
components required to deliver torque to the drive wheels of a vehicle.
(2) For any sale or lease of a used vehicle by a dealer, if the vehicle has been driven a distance
lessthan 200 000 kilometres, the dealer must provide a minimum warranty on the power train for 30
days or 1 000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), for the purposes of subsection (2), if any component of the power
train fails during the warranty period, it is deemed to be a breach of substantial character within
the meaning of clause 28(1)(b) of the Act.
(4) The dealer may require the consumer to pay a maximum of $200 towards the cost of repair of
the vehicle or recovery pursuant to clause 28(1)(b) of the Act.
(5) The warranty provided by subsection (2) does not diminish any other warranty provided by the the dealer

Reference: for SK Dealers 

Edited by Daniel Anderson

11 hours ago, Daniel Anderson said:

car warmer

15 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Just bring it back.

the DRL on a journey does use the high beam bulbs but at half power,,, that is why I use led on the low beams and not on the high beams   ALSO I read in the older post from journeyman that after 2014 he couldn't add the sales code for DRL as dodge quit letting dealers to add them......................Journeyman425  have been several topics in various threads on this Forum regarding Daytime Running Lamps. For 2011-2013 models, if they were not equipped or working, adding the sales code LMK and performing a Vehicle Restoration or Reconfiguration would enable the DRL. For 2014, DRL has become a stand-alone factory option and can no longer be added at the dealer level. Anyone reading this Forum and considering the purchase of a new Journey that wants DRL will have to find a vehicle with the feature already enabled from the factory or, if ordering a new Journey, will have to factory-order the feature...

Edited by 2late4u

The DTR lights only work when car is in gear and running, so you need someone else to observe safely.

Ontario certification is controlled by MTO, ministry of transportation.  Mechanics can lose their ability to certify cars if they make mistakes on safety items.  Usually just the threat of reporting safety inspection discrepancy makes them deal with issue. If you don’t wait too long. 

DTR lights are mandatory in all of ??,  federal mandate (just like ignition anti theft).  But may not necessarily be checked on every provinces used car safety. I think yours should be functioning.

Guys using an alphaobd program on US models I believe can still enable the lights. No retail sales code.

Edited by John/Horace

With a FFun sales person the day lights are on. The transmission lever eas in drive.

In auto start the park lights only come on

Behind the wheel It was impossible  in bright winter conditions for me to even tell outside a dark garage that they worked.

Thanks for advice everybody.

This thread can now be closed

Apparently... Surprised the Daytime Running Lights were not included on Uconnect screen 8.4 under lights. 

It takes two to check this one. Someone mentioned work in Drive  so that got me thinking take it to dealership so they could check.

Thanks for your advice.

In the future I will see if this data from provided video on Uconnect 8.4 screen can be activated.

Thought I never had it as there was nothing on my Uconnect Screen 8.4 about DTL switching as the video showed and said there was, hence my denial of it.

Cheers mate

Daniel sends

well since they are mandated by law in Canada that might be the reason there is no option on your journey to turn them on/off , as in the U S it is just an option,,,I have always and still do check ( every few months) all my lights at night in front of my garage or a large window in a store to see the reflection, take care and stay out of the ditches.

Edited by 2late4u