Battery draining when doors are locked - 2010 dodge journey SXT

A recent issue I’ve come across with my car is that if I lock my doors on my journey and leave them locked (overnight for example) it drains my battery completely dead. I can jump start the battery and it will be just fine and as long as I leave the doors unlocked the battery is fine. The battery is brand new (I bought a new battery because I originally thought it was a battery issue). What could be causing this issue? How do I fix this? 

When you lock the locks it should trigger the car to shut all power off. The radio on most cars have a delayed off function to allow   person to listen for a bit with engine off. Is dash going completely dark after doors are locked?

Try switching radio off manually before shutting engine off,  always.   Is there blue tooth and is it still working on the vehicle. Blue tooth module staying on all the time is a common battery drain. Very expensive module, some people just pull fuse.

Edited by John/Horace

38 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

When you lock the locks it should trigger the car to shut all power off. The radio on most cars have a delayed off function to allow   person to listen for a bit with engine off. Is dash going completely dark after doors are locked?

Try switching radio off manually before shutting engine off,  always.   Is there blue tooth and is it still working on the vehicle. Blue tooth module staying on all the time is a common battery drain. Very expensive module, some people just pull fuse.

make sure your glove box light is shutting off after its closed,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as well make sure you don't have anything plugged into the power outlets other than the front one

• 1 month later...