2017 journey bogging down on hills no codes

SaveMeLol

My sister has a 2017 dodge journey and recently it has started to bog down noticably going up small hills which is Definitely not normal for the hills I'm talking about. I've come here because forums have saved me so much time and headaches over the years I had to try for her. I've read injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs, air filter. I'm meeting with her tomorrow to go for a ride and will relay any information I can give from my experience driving it. Appreciate any and everyone willing to take their time to loan me their smarts and knowledge on these particular vehicles. 

Since it is not your ride.

Find out and post the engine size and WHAT maint. has been done in the last year or so. This will help in avoiding redundant suggestions that may not apply. Miles on the car would also be very helpful, after all it is 5 years old now and there are normal maint. items that need to be addressed first.

No codes. She was actually given the car from Chris Angel the famous guy. My niece has cancer and they had no transportation and somehow he caught wind of it all the way in Vegas. I'm quite sure it's a 2.4 I'll be looking into it further today and will be back to let you guys know what I find but no codes as of yet. Owned for about a year. I'll return with Mileage and anything else that could be helpful in diagnosis 

I'll be sure to come back with more information later on today. Ive got the day off so I'm going to take a little look into it and do some small things as suggested way back in this thread for the O.P. then I'll be back with some more info. Thanks again everyone 

11 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Plugs need to be replaced every 30,000 miles on the 2.4. Verify that has been done. All we can do is guess until more information is provided as requested. 

also only used the oem plugs that are the copper ones they are cheap and easy to change on the 2.4 ,,,about $5, each

3 hours ago, jkeaton said:

This. A lot of people try to run platinum or iridium plugs in the 2.4 and it causes nothing but trouble. 

this is so true my daughter had a jeep with the 2.4 eng and I always changed her plugs every 30 k and then one time amazon sent me the  iridium plugs instead of the normal OEM ones and I installed them and they were the correct number  plug as well but in less than a week she was saying dad the patriot is hesitating and not acting right, so I remembered about the plugs and went to the local part store and bought another set of the correct ones,installed them  and hey no more problems