Headlight relay/fuse problem - 2010 dodge journey SXT

Katlyn

The headlights on my 2010 dodge journey SXT are not working. When I turn them on they will flash on then go right back off. Same for high beam lights. All other lights on the car are working. All research I have done is pointing to faulty fuse/relay however when I look at my owners manual AND at the fuse box I am unable to locate the fuse or relay that is for the headlights. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it? I am at a loss and really need this fixed asap!

• 2 weeks later...

Update - I have found out that the headlights do not have a fuse or relay and that they run off the engine control module. A mechanic in the family recommended to completely unplug the battery and touch the positive and negative together to reset the module in hopes that it will fix the issue. Can anyone give any thoughts?? 

I want to go ahead and note that we have tried replacing the bulbs, and tried replacing the light switch in the steering column and nothing has worked thus far. I’m at such a loss. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Bailey902 said:

I have a 2010 dodge journey as well and I have those exact same issue, have you found out the problem?

since the4y only posted 2 times and then never came back and posted the fix for their problem we will never know, if they would reply back on the situation then others can learn from their problem,,you could do the hard reset they talked about doing but never came back to say if it helped or not you could check on doing that from videos on you tube for more info ,, it might work,,, its just like resetting your computer to fix a simple glitch

• 2 months later...