idler pulley

mojo

hi ..

its a dumb question but I did it to my self..

I was attempting to replace the belt, idler pulley(s) upper and lower + the tensioner. and I forgot which one is the upper and which is the lower.  one of them is smaller the other one. the belt keeps slipping out  and I think I installed them the wrong way.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks for images..

I double checked and its good. I think The old belt is stretched and the new pulley are smoother so it slipping off. 

The new problem is the new belt which exactly the same brand and number as the old one is so short that me and my neighbor couldn't but it on. It is tooo short.

Is there a logical explanation or a solution before I tow it to the mechanic.

We did release the tension on the tensioner as far as it can go and we can't have enough slack to help put it on.

The old belt is ACDELCO 6K1015 made in USA the new belt is ACDELCO 6K1015 made in Mexico. The difference when compared is almost an inch 

Thanks..

Edited by mojo

I was just watching this video on a different  vehicle but half way  ( at 13;41 mark) thur he shows replacing the pulleys and they are to tight to get the belt on and he shows removing the bearing and threading the belt onto all the pulleys and then installing the last new pulley..... might need to try this to see if it works for you....................

Edited by 2late4u