MUD FLAPS ON THE JOURNEY! YES OR NO.

Will mud flaps look good on the journey? I'm thinking of getting moulded ones from the dealer when my journey arrives.

Post your pics with mud flaps.

Check out the other discussions about shimming on their Journey's around 60 mph, this is due to the rear bumper flapping, and some people have said it is worse if you get mudflaps.

Check out the other discussions about shimming on their Journey's around 60 mph, this is due to the rear bumper flapping, and some people have said it is worse if you get mudflaps.

NOPE! - I drive around 80 mph and have not seen this problem.

No issues with the flaps on a car and shimmying.................

Splash guards add to the look, protect your vehicle. Splash guards catch the wind ESPECIALLY at the rear bumper. Had mine dealer instaled, and the mechanic even warned me that driving at higher speeds will cause the splash guards to catch wind and vibrate! Yes, it is true; above 60mph there is a problem; and sinc ethe rear bumper is already a wind sock, the problem increases.

Will mud flaps look good on the journey? I'm thinking of getting moulded ones from the dealer when my journey arrives.

Post your pics with mud flaps.

• 1 year later...

Living in Michigan I placed the molded ones from Mopar on myself and so far with about a year on them they are working great. They had one problem tho They only had about 3 connection points with the bumper so one install you could move and shake them with your hands if you wanted to, so I drilled another hole away from the other connection points and put in an extra push connector thing that ou can buy from Autozone or Advanced auto parts so it would disperse the connection points to the bumper more evenly and stop all the free movement of the flaps. That was a easy and simple solution to stop the free movement but we also havn't experianced any of the shaking and shimmying. How can you tell if they are shaking in the back anyway at 60+? can you feel it in the steering wheel or how exactly?

I'd also really like to know about this shimming you're talking about. I've been having a slight vibration in my seat (feels like it's coming from the rear) that gets randomly worst at times and barely noticeable (although still there) at other times. This is since I've changed from the stock 19" wheels to my winter setup which is brand new 16" wheels and tires. I've had the tires re-balanced 3 times, changed two rims in case they were bent and it's still doing the same thing. I wonder if for some reason I hadn't noticed the problem with my 19's and now I'm noticing it with the 16's although that doesn't really make any sense to me. Can someone please point me to that shimming discussion?

Installed front and rear mud guards on mine when it was new and it now has 20,000 miles on it with no problems or any shakes or shimmy's

Enclosed pic

dont know if their is enough room for the chrome naked lady emblems to be added to the mud flaps. LOL

I believe this forum is for people who have and like Dodge Journeys to provide information to other owners as requested.

I also believe that anyone can modify their Journey as they see fit...

And I strongly believe that some people can keep their smart ass comments to them selves.

Just because you may not like something on your car does not mean someone else might not like it on theirs.

So if you don't have anything helpful to say then don't say anything...

I believe this forum is for people who have and like Dodge Journeys to provide information to other owners as requested.

I also believe that anyone can modify their Journey as they see fit...

And I strongly believe that some people can keep their smart ass comments to them selves.

Just because you may not like something on your car does not mean someone else might not like it on theirs.

So if you don't have anything helpful to say then don't say anything...

ouch that really hurt, was just having a little fun but i guess you didnt understand that , you must have had a bad childhood to take what i typed so bad ,EXCUSE me your highness of the blog.

• 3 weeks later...

I got universal mud flaps - the issue I experienced was flapping on the right front passenger side at +120kmh with strong winds but only because I didn't secure it in place well enough. Added a few screws closer to the bottom and it was ok afterwards.

I can see how enough wind getting caught in those large molded mud flaps could generate some rattle though - the rear bumper is very loose on journeys.

• 1 month later...

I am looking to get splash guards for my 2012 R/T and the Mopar online store only has front splash guards listed for sale. Have the rear splash guards been discontinued?

Bump. Anybody know if the 2009 rear splash guards are compatible with the 2012 models? Mopar lists rear splash guards for the 2009 models but not the 2012.

Bump. Anybody know if the 2009 rear splash guards are compatible with the 2012 models? Mopar lists rear splash guards for the 2009 models but not the 2012.

The 2012 rears you can get but they don't have the fronts as my dealer said something about the front bumpers are new this year?

Edited by wrxz24

• 3 weeks later...

I just got and installed the front splash guards for my 2012 Jorney Crew today. According to the parts dept at the local Dodge dealership the rear splash guards have a tentative release date of March 1, 2012. He also stated that these dates are usually over optimistic. I figured the front ones were better than nothing for now.

• 5 months later...

NOPE! - I drive around 80 mph and have not seen this problem.

No issues with the flaps on a car and shimmying.................

Same here. Installed Mopar ones on our 2012 and have never felt anything nor heard anything. I'm sure they do catch the wind a bit but nothing that I have noticed.