Lights and power flickers

Now that its slippery out, I notice when i hit the brakes on ice and my ABS comes on and pulses the brakes, i notice the electrical power flickers alot, Headlights flicker (noticeably) interior lights on dash flicker to the pulse of the ABS...  Anybody else have same issue?? is Alternator goin on it???

any parts store can check your battery and alt for free,,, But sounds like your anti skid system is kicking in while the wheels slip on the ice turn off the 4 th button under the radio next time and see if it happens, i always turn mine off in icy weather as it kicks your brakes on and slows you down

1 hour ago, Locosiete said:

I mean you could have horrible luck with alternators but to me sounding more like a bad connection. Also by chance do you have an oil leak that is getting on the alternator? That will ruin an alternator too.

my daughters old  caravan kept would ruin her coil every few months and the mech kept replacing them under warranty till the lsat one and he happen to notice inside the plastic connector it was shorting out, but would only happen during different scenarios, he installed a new connector and that solved the problem   i bet Locosite is onto something here ,,check all the wiring and connectors

• 1 month later...

today when i was braking, and the ABS comes on as very slippery out..the usual light flicker, but now my stereo occasionally the lights go out on it.. stereos plays etc, just the lights go out on it for a couple seconds, goes black, then comes back on and the stereo plays thru.. if you werent looking you wouldnt notice as the sound is continuous!

Try cleaning up the big grounds on the driver side strut tower. They get crappy looking in rust belt areas. Make shiny  and then very thin film of dielectric grease.  Even the remote battery terminals get corroded a bit and can use cleaning up. I’m thinking ground related issue.

32 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

Try cleaning up the big grounds on the driver side strut tower. They get crappy looking in rust belt areas. Make shiny  and then very thin film of dielectric grease.  Even the remote battery terminals get corroded a bit and can use cleaning up. I’m thinking ground related issue.

Couple of weeks ago we had that, dash lights flicker Journey wouldn't start.Charged the battery fixed it and I tookk all the grounds off the  strut tower and cleaned them up.No problems since so yes this is a great suggestion  to try.