'13 Journey - Leaking something, Transmission Fluid?? Help!

johnnaK

Okay, my 2013 Journey  is throwing code P0765 (Shift Solenoid "D") have had some slipping gears between 1st and second once in a while.

yesterday my customer said I l2ft a puddle in their driveway which looked like transmission fluid. i pulled over and i was clear fluid, not oil, with red rusty color.

i looked underneath and couldnt tell where it qas leaking feom but i dod find a host with a clamp on the end not connected to anything that had liquid coming from it. IS THAT THE SOURCE OF THE LEAK? IS THAT SUPPOsED TO BE THERE? (I saw anotjer thread that showed a pic of the same hose in question, but they never came back)

*** Also..how do i add transmission fluid to see if it pours out?  

Edited by johnnaK

first off to check / add trans fluid is to look towards the right front of the eng between the rad and engine you will see a tube with a cap on it that is your transmission fluid filler, check youtube for the video on how to mark your oil dipstick so you can check your trans fluid level..i marked mine with a small file on the edge of the stick,,,,also if needing trans fluid make sure you use the correct fluid

• 3 weeks later...

The fluid level is still ok. A mechanic said I have 2 issues: The shift solenoid and now the leak. It is separate and coming from the converter area. What does this mean? He said he doesnt do transmission stuff.

I need to know what to do. I can't keep paying people $250 to come tell me the same things but do not have answers. Beginning to hate this car I once loved 

Edited by jkeaton
Spelling and grammar. Please proofread.

46 minutes ago, johnnaK said:

thw fluid level is still ok. a mechanic said i have 2 issues...the shift solenoid and now the leak is separate comong from the converter area...what does this mean? he said he doesnt do transmission stuff.

i nwed to know what to do. cant keep paying people $250 to come tell.mw the same things but not have answers. beginning to hate this car i once loved 

first off we need more info WHICH ENG do you have? that will tell us which transmission you have as well...sounds like you need to find a qualified mechanic to work on transmissions as that will be needed to fix the shift solenoid 

third mechanic said 2 issues.

the shift solenoid but the bigger issue is a torque converter leak...? But then he said or a seal/gasket near it. what does that mean, what seal or gasket would that be if it isn't the torque converter?

Im at a loss, I cant afford this. i need to make sure there's not cheaper alternative. 

i remember on my older caravans at around 100k they would start leaking transfluid and my transmission man said just to fix the seal would cost almost as much as rebuilding it  due to the time he would have to take apart and then rebuild it, it was the older 4 speed trans which you would have IF we have to guess on which transmission you have