"Dream Cruise" in the Dodge Journey

NavalLacrosse

Random moment which made my week. 

So, if you're not familiar, (I don't blame you if you're not), There is an event in Detroit called the Woodward Dream Cruise, which is basically a really long(15 miles of road) cruise/car show/expo of all things car. Every genre, every scene, every car- A celebration of cars in the motor city-
One of the 'things' that happens is the spectators on the side will have megaphones and will yell at the drivers "REV IT UP!" "BURN OUT!" and the drivers will do a short burnout for a few feet and then keep driving.

Anyway:
I'm in my Dodge Journey, we're watching the cars while driving in the 'thru lanes' of the highway. I was trying to get off the main drag, so I'm 'in the cruiser lane trying to turn right' amongst the classics, the Hellcats, the rat rods, and the rest.... that's when I hear it on the loudspeaker: 

"Dodge Journey.... Dodge Journey!! LIGHT IT UP DODGE JOURNEY..."

and I did it: 

• Neutral Gear:
  • REV to 4k
  • Dump it in Drive
  • Pedal E-Brake on 1/2 way. 

I left about 4 ft of tire mark(s?) on the road, and got a massive cheer from the crowd. 10/10 will take my Journey to the Dream Cruise again XD. Probably took 6 months of life out of the fwd driveline...

Anyway. moral of the story, I made about a dozen day-drinkers lose their minds for few seconds, and made my week. I'd not recommend doing that with your Journey.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

Too cool to have "fallen in" with such like that! Reminds me of going to a local car show some years ago as a SPECTATOR and the hosting group INSISTED that I enter the car I came with.... an original(with a few body blemishes) 59k mile 74 VW beetle. I won second in the import class to an MG!

And as for the "burn outs" ...Yeah fun to attempt , but as you said about shortening the drivetrain life   ...  ;)

i grew up about 20 miles from Woodward Ave... almost every fri or sat night we were cruising  it and racing  from stop light  to stop light, trying to not get caught from the cops.. LOL what a way to grow up and also going over to Windsor Canada for a quick bite to eat and and hit all the nudie clubs that would let us in,,,,,,wouldn't get home till around 4-5 am.....had a good friend that his neighbor father  was an engineer and worked at Chrysler and he was always bringing home sleeper cars that they would build but look like and old ladies car and he would always be going down to Woodward and race and and show it off to the local car racers to get their opinion on what Chrysler had going for street racing

Edited by 2late4u

My brother has lived across the river in Windsor for almost 40yrs, my son is in the area too. I was in Windsor a few years ago on the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise, there were some very rare mint muscle cars on the road. I’m sure they were crossing over for the event. The media coverage is really cool. Indoor car shows of stationary vehicles is kinda meh. The dream cruise is unique, and a great idea.

The thunder boats on the Detroit River is another interesting thing to watch. The rooster tails from the boats and thundering V8’s make an impression. For gear heads like me.