2918 Journey lift kit

MAB

Curious why you want to lift it.  I have 19” wheels already, not sure a bigger tire would fit in the opening. If you are thinking off road I think you have the wrong vehicle.  If it’s just for looks I think you might have to be inventive.  Please don’t take this wrong, it’s your car make it your own, and if lifting it does that go for it,, but you might have problems getting parts....

Someone here put an air bag suspension in to lower it, maybe you can do similar to raise it?

Edited by OhareFred

find out what the Wheelchair accessible Dodge Grand Caravan conversions use, then use that.

Granted, these conversion companies do this day-in-and-day-out, and probably keep their methods secret..  But  my guess is they're doing it in as cheap a way as possible to keep up profit margins. (probably in-house machined steel 2" spacers at the top of the shock tower, and extra long bolts.

These conversions are fairly common on the fwd Grand Caravans. If you find one in a parking lot, ask the driver if you can look under their car at the suspension to see how it's lifted... or just wait till they're in the store ;)

Edited by NavalLacrosse

So, I looked at a video, and there is more to the conversions than I thought; the trick is finding out what was added for the ramp, and what was added to raise the car. 

On older caravans it looks like they install some kind of steel frame which provides the cradle for the underslung ramp mechanisms. In the rear of the vehicle, the axle, springs, and shocks bolt onto this intermediate frame, and the frame bolts to the body. ( keep in mind the Caravan had a rigid rear axle, and is not Independent like the Journey.) The front is a real mystery. It looks more like a spacer at the top of the shock tower, and then nothing more.

Perhaps seeing toyota or Honda conversions will give a better idea of how to go about lifting a minivan with rear multi-link suspension.

Love the paint and custom speaker installs, real talent there. Florida company.

Braun is the bigger conversion company out of the US. I have a friend who has a new converted Braun  Caravan. I’ll try to get a few pics underneath next time I see it. I think the rear suspension has a ladder type lift welded on rear subframe, all brake lines etc all rerouted. Air shocks in the rear for lowering ramp during loading. Wheel chair person can ride shot gun when chair strapped in place at front.  Not a lot of steel added during conversion I think. 

The front looks like two inch bolt on coil spacers, pretty simple.

holy-crap that lifted journey is beyond words. Thanks for sharing. 

I've got to say I'm 100% impressed. I would think people would see a sxt trim DJ and just be like "eh, it's a good car, but not worth custom fabricated door panels with dual 12" speakers in EVERY DOOR"....

But here we go; The effort alone is impressive.

RIP rear windshield wiper. That poor fella will probably fall off when the beat REAALY drops.