Passenger seat to high

Mema

I bought the dodge journey crossroad love it 2016. But I'm short and there's no lever to let down. It has the storage in the seat. Can you buy a new adjustable base for it and attach the seat,? Why would dodge do this?

The only storage in the seat is on the passenger side.  Didn’t you try it before you bought it?  It’s not just the base that would need to be changed, the entire seat would have to be swapped out for one without the under seat storage.  Never heard this complaint before.

only the drivers electric seat can be lowered, passenger seat as far as i know does not come electric if it does then you could find one in a scrap yard and swap them out,,, or you could find a electric drivers side seat and pay someone to install it on the passenger side but that will include doing extra wiring and also fooling with the air bags. and seat belts and that wont come cheap.........years ago i learned this with electric seats gave me more room for my legs and ride height since i am a big and tall person over a cheap manually seat

On 5/28/2021 at 6:50 PM, OhareFred said:

The only storage in the seat is on the passenger side.  Didn’t you try it before you bought it?  It’s not just the base that would need to be changed, the entire seat would have to be swapped out for one without the under seat storage.  Never heard this complaint before.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:00 AM, 2late4u said:

only the drivers electric seat can be lowered, passenger seat as far as i know does not come electric if it does then you could find one in a scrap yard and swap them out,,, or you could find a electric drivers side seat and pay someone to install it on the passenger side but that will include doing extra wiring and also fooling with the air bags. and seat belts and that wont come cheap.........years ago i learned this with electric seats gave me more room for my legs and ride height since i am a big and tall person over a cheap manually seat

I drove it new and in drivers seat. After 5 years I fractured my back. Now I can't drive it and am short. Just realizing it didn't. Doesn't make me stupid and that was so rude. Other than that the car is great.