Is it honestly a good idea to get a new Journey?

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I was wondering  if the purchasing of a 2020 Dodge Journey SE is a good idea. I have a few questions.
A dealership somewhat close to me has 40 Journeys in stock, starting at $14,500. This really attracts me.

I've heard horrible things about their reliability. How have your personal experiences been?

Can I get 200K highway out of this vehicle?
After owning one for a while, would you recommend one to a friend?

Thanks

Dodge Journey - 314 ALL STAR CDJR

Edited by 7-3PunchInA3-4

yes journeys do have their problems same as all vehicle do, just remember this is the last yr for this model as well, that said if you take care of one and do your maintenance they are great value for the money, their are always lemons as well with any vehicle that is out there, i had a 2011 put 70 k on it and then liked it so much traded it for my 2014 106 k on this one yes i have had 3 things go wrong withe it, a oil pressure sending switch and a wheel speed senor and also just had the rear camera replaced.  also i have the 3.6 eng in both so cant speak for the 2.4 engine power i would recommend one to any one wanting a bigger size vehicle that can carry 6 people with luggage for a great price, but you can always pay an extra 20 grand and buy yourself an Toyota Subaru or Honda one of the other high price SUV and also pay the higher price on repairs and maintenance that comes with them..good luck

I would recommend a DJ, at least a 3.6 for sure. 

So here is what you do... if you are getting a good deal and they have 40 units on the lot, you negotiate a lifetime warranty with the purchase. This should give you peace of mind and at the price you mention, it's still a good deal. 

Go get'em!!!

12 hours ago, Armando G said:

I would recommend a DJ, at least a 3.6 for sure. 

So here is what you do... if you are getting a good deal and they have 40 units on the lot, you negotiate a lifetime warranty with the purchase. This should give you peace of mind and at the price you mention, it's still a good deal. 

Go get'em!!!

the lifetime warranty were discontinued a couple yrs ago,but they do offer some long term ones check out,www.chryslerfactoryplans.com  for some prices and length of warranty you dont need a vin # to check it out

1 hour ago, 7-3PunchInA3-4 said:

Sounds good. Thanks for all of the tips! I will try to negotiate that warranty.

i also will point out that the warranty price from dealers that sell you the journey will be a lot higher than the one i showed you, the dealers have a mark up of almost 50 % so be careful and also only settle for a mopar warranty and not a third party warranty as well...that said also be warned that this is the last yr for the journey so even tho they have to supply parts for a certain amount of yrs (7 yrs i believe) sometimes  getting them parts can be a bitch, i once had a caravan that the seat fabric got ripped by their mechanic and they had to order the seat fabric cover thur mopar took about a month and then when he installed it he put a longer screw in a certain area where it didnt belong and it ripped the seat again so they reordered it again and they were never able to get it , i finally gave up on checking on it. so be warned as well.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, 2late4u said:

yes journeys do have their problems same as all vehicle do, just remember this is the last yr for this model as well, that said if you take care of one and do your maintenance they are great value for the money, their are always lemons as well with any vehicle that is out there, i had a 2011 put 70 k on it and then liked it so much traded it for my 2014 106 k on this one yes i have had 3 things go wrong withe it, a oil pressure sending switch and a wheel speed senor and also just had the rear camera replaced.  also i have the 3.6 eng in both so cant speak for the 2.4 engine power i would recommend one to any one wanting a bigger size vehicle that can carry 6 people with luggage for a great price, but you can always pay an extra 20 grand and buy yourself an Toyota Subaru or Honda one of the other high price SUV and also pay the higher price on repairs and maintenance that comes with them..good luck

What does your camera quality look like I am considering getting a new camera but want to see the quality 

2 hours ago, alex519 said:

What does your camera quality look like I am considering getting a new camera but want to see the quality 

crystal clear since they installed a new camera lens at the rear tail gate,sorry i dont post pictures if you want to go to your local dealership and just ask to see one there they all are the same