It Comes to an End...

Armando G

Well, my journey with my Journey 'payments' comes to an end. Today I made my final payment on my DJ, and it felt great. From not knowing these vehicles whatsoever, to spotting one while shopping for a car 5 years ago, it's been a great decision overall. We're just a touch over 70k and the DJ has been great for the family. Moving away from a minivan and still having the third row option at this price point was a big reason I went with this car. Five years later the kids (4) are almost all driving their own cars and not joining us in our long trips as much. The last time I used that third row was over a year ago, but I still see all the kids in the rearview mirror every once in a while.

Anyway, other than a warranty trannie issue this thing has been great. Regular maintenance and tires have been the only expense and it is still running strong. I ponder getting another car (Jeep, Durango, or Colorado) every once in a while, but I still enjoy driving my DJ. I've enjoyed this forum and can't believe I've been on here for 5 years. 

Here's to another 5 years - with no issues!!!  :shift: :thumbsup:

20190709_145819.jpg

FB_IMG_1591332793480.jpg

I hear ya, our 2012 SXT has treated us well, wife is saying I should look at another vehicle now that we have 125,000 kms (78,00 miles) on her. Other than routine things like brakes, tires, plugs and trans flush the only other things changed were hub bearings, thermostat and heater core. Plenty of road trips to ball tournaments loaded with team gear over the years for sure, those scratches on the bumper plate always make me smile. ( always told the players lift the bags don't just pull LOL ). Our journey has treated us well, its a tough call put new tires on her or, trade her in in the next 3-4 months. Hope your car continues to treat you as well as mine did, thanks for reminding me Armando G.

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, Armando G said:

Well, my journey with my Journey 'payments' comes to an end. Today I made my final payment on my DJ, and it felt great. From not knowing these vehicles whatsoever, to spotting one while shopping for a car 5 years ago, it's been a great decision overall. We're just a touch over 70k and the DJ has been great for the family. Moving away from a minivan and still having the third row option at this price point was a big reason I went with this car. Five years later the kids (4) are almost all driving their own cars and not joining us in our long trips as much. The last time I used that third row was over a year ago, but I still see all the kids in the rearview mirror every once in a while.

Anyway, other than a warranty trannie issue this thing has been great. Regular maintenance and tires have been the only expense and it is still running strong. I ponder getting another car (Jeep, Durango, or Colorado) every once in a while, but I still enjoy driving my DJ. I've enjoyed this forum and can't believe I've been on here for 5 years. 

Here's to another 5 years - with no issues!!!  :shift: :thumbsup:

20190709_145819.jpg

FB_IMG_1591332793480.jpgCongrats!! That’s an awesome feeling. Here’s to many more happy miles.