P0340, P0345, P0365, and P0390

hexnut

My 2018 Dodge Journey is throwing the following codes at the same time:

P0340, P0345, P0365, and P0390

I cleared them to be sure it wasn't a glitch.  After several hours/miles of driving the codes came back.  Seems odd to have two sensors go bad at the same time.  Could this be an indication of an electrical or engine control module problem?

Thanks.

Look under hood at wiring harness close to cam shafts on top of engine for signs of chewed wiring. May have to remove the top plastic beauty cover to see properly.  Lot of codes for a almost new car, wouldn’t be wear items yet.

Any recent dead battery issues ? Often that generates some codes.

Warranty no likely covering chewed wires. Hope that’s not it.

I did check out the connectors and wires yesterday.  I made sure they were seated properly.  Everything looked good.  No battery issues since I have owned the vehicle.  No codes since the original post.  I cleared them again to see if I could narrow down the sequence.  I am finding it hard to believe that both sides are throwing codes.

Not sure if the warranty covers anything like sensors or wiring.  

Thanks.

Bad fuel can create various engine issues...both sides. You may have cleared most of the fuel now so it’s ok, try filling up with super for a tank.

Or add a decent fuel injector cleaner to the gas tank. The winter gas with the extra ethanol is probably at the stations now; has your fuel economy recently dropped badly? Ethanol does that but shouldn’t cause codes.

Using a scanner (I´m using AlphaOBD on my phone) you can check all VVT actuators, perform VVT system test and clean all the camshaft  phasers. I did it on my journey just for testing purposes. It makes many clicks on the camshaft, the engine accelerates, then almost stalls, and hopefully it gets rid of any sludge interfering on it.

I believe this is a good starting point !

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been fighting the same codes for 2 years now.  I had both camshaft position sensors replaced with OEM parts and it fixed the problem for about 3000 miles, but it came back with vengeance to where it's very hard to drive.  i used to able to clear the code and get a few hundred miles out of it before the engine light would come back on, now it comes back on immediately.