Front struts 2010 dodge journey se 2.4l

BattOsai

35 minutes ago, BattOsai said:

Trying to decide between Moog and Gabriel front struts, but I want them to be loaded. And in the rear still looking, was looking at Gabriel shock absorbers but heard that they are made in China. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Not a lot of truly "made in USA" stuff anymore. With quality come cost, how thick is your wallet for budget? Check out rockauto.com, I've used them for many years now and am very satisfied with purchases from them. Just watch the shipping at checkout if you use them, some items have exploded in shipping costs lately.

For example Just 2 weeks ago I was going to buy a replacement LF fender for my 04 T&C for a GREAT PRICE of $27.00...Cheapest shipping was $220.00 for that $27.00 item!  :(

Edited by 5rebel9

I can't speak from experience with the DJ on brand that does best...yet

But I've felt that Gabriels seemed a bit softer in ride quality over Monroe/Moog in may many other past Dodge/Chry vans and cars. Of course it is the springs that make the difference in cornering and the hyd. shock portion that controls the compression/rebound on rougher roads. And I've found that "quick struts" tend to use the softer spring rate springs. I was very disappointed in curves and rough road susp. travel in the Gabriel struts I put in my 04 T&C with factory tow package (firmer springs). But I just watch my speeds and road craters more closely to compensate now.

Edited by 5rebel9

If cost doesn’t matter, how about OEM struts for an R/T Journey. Stiffer than base models and should be plug and play with no mods.

I’m surprised that my r/t struts are still functional at 130k miles.  Front sell for $177 cdn each, not crazy.

By the time you buy upper strut mount and new cartridge your pretty much there.

1. Home
  3.  2014 Dodge Journey
  5.  Suspension
  7.  Shocks & Struts

SUSPENSION/SHOCKS & STRUTS FOR 2014 DODGE JOURNEY

SELECT SHOCKS & STRUTS PART

2014 DODGE JOURNEY

CHANGE VEHICLE

Suspension/Shocks & Struts for 2014 Dodge Journey #1
No. Part # / Description List Price Price  
1 68170049AB / Strut

Strut, LEFT

AWD, W/ HIGH PERFO

Edited by John/Horace

It looks like curb weight spec is 3818 versus,4238:using 2014 r/t awd with six versus 2014 se with 2 wheel drive.

More than I thought,  I’m surprised. Have also driven both versions for at least 30 minutes. 

4,238 lbs.

R/T 4dr All-wheel Drive 2014 Dodge Journey Specs
Exterior  
Wheelbase 113.8 "
Ground clearance 7.2 "
Curb 4,238 lbs.
Gross weight 5,600 lbs.
3 more rows

Measurements
Most Popular
SE 4dr SUV
2.4L 4cyl 4A
Starting MSRP
$19,995
Select a style

Select a style

Front Track61.8 in.Maximum Cargo Capacity67.6 cu.ft.Curb Weight3818 lbs.Gross Weight5005 lbs.Cargo Capacity, All Seats In Place39.6 cu.ft.Drag Coefficient0.37 cd.Maximum Payload1212 lbs.

2014 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr All-wheel Drive Specs and Prices