09 Journey auto mirror and windows

Hi guys

first post form a Journey owner! I’ve got the RT Journey which I picked up recently; I’ve got a question though - the passenger side auto folding mirror and window are totally dead. Nothing happens at all; yet the driver side mirror folders and the window works (bit slow!) plus the rear windows work fine on both sides! I’ve been looking on line but not hitting anything concrete. Does anyone have any tips? My mechanical knowledge is zero - I’m no expert for sure! 

thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forum. But have you done any electrical testing to determine dead? The J is 11 years old and power motors don't last forever(just like the slow drivers window) Check out youtube for interior door panel or power window motor replacement for any journey up to 2014 to give you a clue on what you're about to get into. And if you feel you don't have the skills needed to do such, I'd suggest a reputable independent repair shop to diagnose and repair the problem.

PLEASE keep us posted on what goes with your Journey's  journey to fixing it's ailment.    :)

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, jose laprovitera said:

hi im a new owner of a 09 journey and i have the same problems than you but only for the driver mirror, i found vids on youtube and i get some manuals online, but i wonder were is the mirrors engine? inside mirror?

Welcome to the Forum to you located  in the South American continent! Power folding mirrors are a rare option here in the North america market, so not a lot of help for you. BUT yes, the motor to fold the mirroe would be INSIDE the mirror housing behind the mirror glass ....most likely.

Also more common to have a broken wire thru the door or door jamb than for a bad motor.

Edited by 5rebel9

Many thanks dude,Im from URUGUAY to my country and Argentina journey has come as a Dodge but to Brazil it comes as a FIAT FREEMONT, dealers here are a disaster very expensive and some times not good solutions, my problem its, the driver mirror not work but electric engine sounds with poor power, the passenger mirror works great!! and all windows works fine

• 1 month later...

:cry:i love my journey!! its a recent purchase, but i have a bad lucky with workshops, they makes me spend money without sense!!

i bought one mirror new to replace, in my country costs USD 1.200 MOPAR ,when i start to dismantle the door i find that the old mirror were disconnected!!!! not broken!

i connect and it works!!  if you or any guys need to see the door without cover you can see my vid, just see, im talking in spanish because i spend high money for nothing!

IMG_20220828_214148.jpg