Battery Save Mode

Hi all 

I bought dodge journey2011 R/T and drive 400 km back to home and it start battery icon on EViC shows "Battery Saver Mode" and drive next day and it first stop audio and then shows lights on screen and stop the car and then i try to start with jumper cable it starts but not run. I tow the car changed battery and cables but it showed same lights and not starting car and show the massage  Ignition or other accessory is On. I don't know what happened I just bought and it happened I am so anxious. Please help me and tell what is the actual issue. 

20201103_121048.jpg

AutoZone or other auto parts stores usually can test your battery and alternator for no charge.  If the battery was bad and you replaced it, and you still have a charging/starting issue, an alternator test would be the next step.  Also, if you just bought it, if it was from a dealer I’d be calling them to deal with it.

Edited by OhareFred

Have a mechanic check the Alternator. 

Mine experienced similar symptoms as you described.
(If) The alternator has failed, or is no longer providing the power to charge the car. Without the alternator, the car is desperately trying to maintain basic operation (driving) by killing non-essential processes. First on mine was the radio, then the HVAC, then the ABS, Speed Sensors, and eventually the engine sputtered to death after 40 minutes.

If you delay, the new battery may also be permanently damaged, needing a possible replacement again.
After changing the alternator on my car, the issues went away. 

What were the numbers on the battery and alternator tests?  A proper newer testing device will give you a printout with the numbers.  I agree, you will kill the battery if you are trying to drive it around with a bad alternator.  Put the battery on a slow,smart charger until it reads full, then go get the alternator tested again.  Tell use what the results are.  Good luck!!

Edited by OhareFred