New to the Journey, NOT to Dodge/Chry

5rebel9

36 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

Ahhhh where's your sense of adventure. What you do is wait until middle of winter when it gets to the worst possible cold imaginable then do it. Not saying i have but that is how you truly enjoy doing it ? 

My sense of adventure sailed LONG AGO without me after my 5th back surgery! Now I try and do things without stressing the back as much ! Still have the heater core to change on the '11 mainstreet yet.... and am DEFINITELY NOT doing that in blazing heat or freezing cold!

Well it is DEFINITELY the recirculation door actuator. Got it out pretty easily, chipped gear teeth AND a broken post for one of the gears inside the actuator. Recirc DOOR movement is fine.so the new one will go in Wed. afternoon. EVERYTHING else about the new to us" '14 Journey is doing just FINE.

54 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Well it is DEFINITELY the recirculation door actuator. Got it out pretty easily, chipped gear teeth AND a broken post for one of the gears inside the actuator. Recirc DOOR movement is fine.so the new one will go in Wed. afternoon. EVERYTHING else about the new to us" '14 Journey is doing just FINE.

where is the recirculation door at? i know the location of the drivers and  2 on the passenger side. just looked on you tube, guess it is the one on the left side of the cabin filter

Edited by 2late4u

24 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

where is the recirculation door at? i know the location of the drivers and  2 on the passenger side. just looked on you tube, guess it is the one on the left side of the cabin filter

Drop the glovebox door and it's below the "drawstring"  assembly for the the glovebox door. The actuator for recirculation air is  right the on the end of the HVAC box. Found that dropping down the interior fuse panel give more working room for the 2 screws.

11 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

It's easy to replace if you have rubber arms or can balance on your head easily lol

I don't contort around well anymore but used to working in "tight confines". I just knelt outside the pass. door and got my arms and head inside the car to get at it.  :)

21 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

I don't contort around well anymore but used to working in "tight confines". I just knelt outside the pass. door and got my arms and head inside the car to get at it.  :)

Had to wait till after supper to install the actuator due to wife getting home late from work. GOSH, it was even easier to install when I moved the pass. seat backfully! I used a little carpenters trick with the screws of a dab of bar soap on the threads and could finger tighten them in(along with a bit of masking tape holding the screw to the #2 phillips long1.5" shank bit so they didn't fall off). then tightened with a 1/4" wrench on the "bit". Took me all of 15 minutes start to finish! Tested and watched recirc door movement and at actuator before putting glovebox back in too in that short time!

ALL IS GOOD NOW with no other "glitches" showing up!  :)

Now to get the remote start kit ordered and installed!

Edited by 5rebel9

6 hours ago, Locosiete said:

I mean sure you can do it the easy way... but where is the fun in that ? ? ? 

Guess you can still say that I'm still "NEW TO THE JOURNEY" as both of ours are NOT my rides, they are for my wife and son. 99.5% of my traveling is done in MY Buick Lucerne! I had not realized that the wife had positioned the pass. seat to match where she keeps HER drivers seat when I removed the old actuator!  ;)

A lot of wire harnesses near the actuator that the removal step made me think about an easier way to get back together without dropping screws or tools and having to go "fishing" for them!

Edited by 5rebel9

• 1 month later...

Well it's the last week before the "unofficial" end of summer(Labor day) . Time to start looking into 4 rims and new SNOW TIRES for the '14 !

The '11 is all set for it's winter "shoes"

The '14 has had 2,500 miles put on it so far and is running GREAT. Just have to secure the both front seat side plastic panels that hold the controls  AND get busy about putting in a remote start system (which I have not even looked for yet).

4 hours ago, Locosiete said:

Glad to know mine are not the only ones that keep breaking. Bad design so every time you get in or out it puts pressure on them amd they break 

Yeah, the'11 is the same way, but that's my son's problem to resolve on his own  ,,,  AFTER I figure out a fix for the wife's '14 and he can then COPY the "fix" to his!

58 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Yeah, the'11 is the same way, but that's my son's problem to resolve on his own  ,,,  AFTER I figure out a fix for the wife's '14 and he can then COPY the "fix" to his!

both my 2011 and then my 2014 on passenger side the plastic side cover would break,,,simple solution for me was a small black screw, simply hold the cover in place and then drill a small hole then run the screw in to it and have never had any more problems, hardly even see the screw after a while

2 hours ago, Locosiete said:

Can you share a picture 

actually i tried to upload the picture but i am techannlly chanaged...LOL but if looking at the seat side cover you have 2 plastic clips that hold it on and it has been the front one that tears up on my passenger side so i just get the rear clip hooked on and then place the cover where it looks to fit on the front and then try to push it down just a hair and then drill towards the front about 2-3 inches back and about the same from the top you will either hit the metal or the plastic behind the cover then install the screw . on my 2014 i had katzkin leather company install a seat warmer as my journey didnt come with them and when he installed the rocker switch for the heater on the side he didnt get it in the right place so the rocker switch bulges out a bit, but i didnt noticed in time to have them fix it proper so i just added another screw by the switch as well...when my daughter comes over ill try and get her to download the picture, but you should be able to do it

10 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

actually i tried to upload the picture but i am techannlly chanaged...LOL but if looking at the seat side cover you have 2 plastic clips that hold it on and it has been the front one that tears up on my passenger side so i just get the rear clip hooked on and then place the cover where it looks to fit on the front and then try to push it down just a hair and then drill towards the front about 2-3 inches back and about the same from the top you will either hit the metal or the plastic behind the cover then install the screw . on my 2014 i had katzkin leather company install a seat warmer as my journey didnt come with them and when he installed the rocker switch for the heater on the side he didnt get it in the right place so the rocker switch bulges out a bit, but i didnt noticed in time to have them fix it proper so i just added another screw by the switch as well...when my daughter comes over ill try and get her to download the picture, but you should be able to do it

Same boat I am in with you 2late4u ! I'm good with automotive and figuring out THEIR electrical "glitches" , BUT with "smart phones, Picture posting and "linking" things, I'm a complete DUNCE!

Edited by 5rebel9