Wet drivers side carpet and full cargo box

tonyswitchblade

check your drivers door for clogged drains if you see clear tape over some of them pull it off,not sure if there are any roof drains on that side, heater core could be leaking as well as that is the side it is facing.and someone said they found their leak from near the drivers side floor seam that wasn't sealed real good.. what is the history of the car have you had it a long time? how long has this been going on,or when did you start noticing the problem might have to pull back the carpet as much as can and then shut the door and run a small water hose over different ares of the affected side to see if you can catch where the leak is coming from,,,,,that said water leaks are a bitch to find my, step son and i are still trying to find a leak in his dodge truck i thought it was the ac drain cleaned it out and water started coming out good but still have the leak, he is still hunting for the leak as of today....Good luck and please report back when you find the leak for others who might come up with this problem

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, eplummer said:

I am having the same situation.  Suspected failure of seam seal in a difficult place to see.  Going into the shop next week.  Will report.

well Tony a one time poster never reported back what or if he got it fixed, lots of poss leak possibles from a seam leak,leak from the doors ac drain  leak to a heater core leak of a leak in the firewall grommet or a windshield leak...please report back on what you find for others to know what to look for...good luck

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys yes I was a one time poster and didn't find any solution, im still vacuuming out a ton of water when it rains. The car windshields are always foggy due to the wetness i really would just like a picture documentation of how to clean these drains, very frustrated already, I had the car for about a year before this started to happen. I know were the leak comes from just not were it originates. Im sure its not ac lines already checked.

The water comes in when spraying the top of the door with water just like if you were washing the car.

The water comes in when spraying the top of the door with water just like if you were washing the car.................Are you saying the top edge of the door where it meets the roof or the top edge on the door of the window...sounds like your door rubber seal (weather striping) has a gap or small area that it leaks, if water is getting in thur the window area of the door then your drains on the door are plugged.

I think 2Late4u is on the right track, door seal, rather than a plugged door drain, give the seal a good look over for cuts, pieces missing or is there a seam there where the two door seal ends come together that has come apart a little ? Have you looked if door hinge has moved a little bit due to loose bolts ? Is there a air whistle as you drive ? Sometimes all it takes is a little push on the top back corner of the door ( window frame ) corner to bend it just enough to get a seal again,  body guys do this all the time but not in front of the owner LOL. Maybe stop at a local body shop, takes 30 seconds, a quick look would cost you a coffee at the most.  Keep us posted.

• 1 year later...

Hello to all.  I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to add my findings to help someone out who may be searching online for an answer.  I had this very same issue on my 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad.  After it rained, my car had a musty smell, soaked on driver's side (front and rear) and the rear driver's side storage bin would be full of water.  I finally took it to the local dealership today and was advised it was the "Plenum Chamber."  To have it replaced and including labor, it was $385 (South Florida) as that is not covered under my extended warranty.  It's supposed to rain here for the next 3 days so if the problem isn't resolved, I'll take it back to the dealer and advise.  If no updated post from me, the problem was fixed. 

I also want to note that the area at work that I park at has a LOT of trees.  

more info from the dealership on the location or description on what a plenum chamber exactly is,, for others to understand? this is all i found using google.  hope they solved your problem as well

What is the plenum chamber on a car? – TeachersCollegesj

teacherscollegesj.org/what-is-the-plenum-chamber...

The plenum chamber is a chamber located in front of the windshield, where air pressure is above atmospheric. It provides a volume of air which is drawn into the car from the chamber through the heater, air-conditioner or vents. Later cars with a plenum chamber had a grille, which was the opening to the chamber. What is a plenum used for

16 hours ago, pixistick1605 said:

Hello to all.  I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to add my findings to help someone out who may be searching online for an answer.  I had this very same issue on my 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad.  After it rained, my car had a musty smell, soaked on driver's side (front and rear) and the rear driver's side storage bin would be full of water.  I finally took it to the local dealership today and was advised it was the "Plenum Chamber."  To have it replaced and including labor, it was $385 (South Florida) as that is not covered under my extended warranty.  It's supposed to rain here for the next 3 days so if the problem isn't resolved, I'll take it back to the dealer and advise.  If no updated post from me, the problem was fixed. 

I also want to note that the area at work that I park at has a LOT of trees.  

I didn't read over the entire thread so far, but I had a 2000 Chrysler T&C that would get soaked carpet like that.  It was the drain from the wiper stowage area.  Leaves fall in there, rot, then plug the tube that is supposed to drain water out of that area before it got high enough to get into that chamber of the heating-cooling system.  I could usually just pull the rubber drain tube off on the firewall, and the water would pour out.  There was always a lot of water in there before it would actually come in through there, into the cabin.  Then just had to run a wire through the drain tube to clear it.  (And try to remember to keep after it, before it soaked the carpet again.)  In my case, it would come pouring in just as I moved the car.  As it tilted to one side, then the water would come in on the low side.  Same deal with the trees - lots of pine needles in my case.

Edited by Neto

• 1 year later...