16 Journey Won't Start-Lots of Error Messages

My 2016 Journey RT didn't start this morning.  All electrical came on, but brake pedal was VERY stiff and nothing happened when start button was pushed.  I tried the popular press the start button 5 times fix, which didn't work and took kids car to work.  Later more craziness; screen read park assist off, then park assist problem, then key not present and wouldn't let me use any start button functions.  Then got the fob to be recognized and every time I tired to depress the still stiff brake pedal and press start button, the gauges would re-set.  Battery is full, so that's not the problem.  Can't get the shifter out of park, so can't try the go to neutral fix.  WTH? Appreciate any help.

Are you sure the battery is good?  These cars are VERY voltage sensitive.  Just because the gauges/lights come on doesn’t mean the battery is good.  NOW, if you have properly load tested the battery with a modern battery tester and the printout says it’s charged and good, the next step would be the starter.  That may mean removing it to get it checked, but check the battery and see from there....let us know

^^

What he said.

The battery in my 2016 failed at 2 years. All the lights worked and it threw all kinds of crazy error messages.

Started twice with a jump. The second time, drove it to the dealer. One dead cell in battery. Replaced under warranty and has been fine since.

14 hours ago, OhareFred said:

Are you sure the battery is good?  These cars are VERY voltage sensitive.  Just because the gauges/lights come on doesn’t mean the battery is good.  NOW, if you have properly load tested the battery with a modern battery tester and the printout says it’s charged and good, the next step would be the starter.  That may mean removing it to get it checked, but check the battery and see from there....let us know

Thanks, I did put it on a charger and within 15 minutes it read full, but I'll get it tested.

16 hours ago, ChopperMN said:

My 2016 Journey RT didn't start this morning.  All electrical came on, but brake pedal was VERY stiff and nothing happened when start button was pushed.  I tried the popular press the start button 5 times fix, which didn't work and took kids car to work.  Later more craziness; screen read park assist off, then park assist problem, then key not present and wouldn't let me use any start button functions.  Then got the fob to be recognized and every time I tired to depress the still stiff brake pedal and press start button, the gauges would re-set.  Battery is full, so that's not the problem.  Can't get the shifter out of park, so can't try the go to neutral fix.  WTH? Appreciate any help.

Jump worked, so off to get a battery.