Coolant flush @ 122,000km / 2011 Journey

Mayellah

Hey,
Back again with more problems and $0 to throw at a mechanic.
  I was told that I should have a coolant flush done, and it's also recommended in my maintenance book. However, I'm hearing conflicting answers.
I'm having a whole bunch of problem, which I'm not sure if it's related to not having this done.
I have 122,000km and this procedure has never been done before. I have to top off the coolant about once a year ( 8oz or so ), but see a "grit" or sediment at the bottom of the reservoir. Should this flush be done?
Is it difficult?
From the youtube vids, it seems fairly straightforward. My reservoir isn't pressurized, and I have the cap for my rad.

Would A/C issues have anything to do with this being neglected?
Thanks

106793227_10158639703469928_2152816078583606471_n.jpg

Edited by Mayellah

Yes, do the flush. It cleans out the entire cooling system. After awhile your coolant loses its protective qualities and needs to be done.  If you can afford it, have it done with a flush machine. If all you do is flush the radiator, your only doing part of the job, but if that’s all you can afford, it’s better than nothing.

the only way this might affect your AC is your cooling system may be running warmer than it should, making everything hotter.  The AC system really is not directly connected to your cooling system.

What do you mean by "flush machine"?
From the vids I watched, they say to use a Prestone cleaner & flush for 3 days ( 6 hours of driving ) before performing the flush. Drain coolant, replace with distilled water, run engine and heat for 20 mins, drain, and repeat distilled water until it runs clear. Fill with new coolant... 

also if you are having to add coolant once a year. you have a very small leak somewhere,,,,first replace your rad cap since its a 2011....you should never have to add coolant...good luck i had mine done at the dealership when i was having my plugs changed ( 3.6) wasn't a bad price compared to the quick change places

Edited by 2late4u