Front Caliper mounting bolt

Recently did my front brakes rotors, pads and a caliper on one side.  Everything was fine until a week later one caliper mounting bolt broke or came loose.  Luckily no serious damage was done, but now I’m having an issue with the bolt.  Every place (including dealership) I’ve gone has a bolt that’s a quarter of an inch longer then the original bolt. They all say the same thing this is what’s suppose to be on my vehicle.  When it’s on it sticks out towards the rotor but does not touch.  Is this fine? Why is this bolt different then what’s on my car?  

3CE23B05-34A3-4EB0-97D7-CEBD8175268D.jpeg

Can easily grind down and chamfer the end of bolt. Cool the bolt in a water container between grinding, or use vice grips. The end of the bolt may get rusty and make it harder to retract through bracket in the future. It may not be a hardened bolt, important to not over torque. 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, Kruppt said:

Recently did my front brakes rotors, pads and a caliper on one side.  Everything was fine until a week later one caliper mounting bolt broke or came loose.  Luckily no serious damage was done, but now I’m having an issue with the bolt.  Every place (including dealership) I’ve gone has a bolt that’s a quarter of an inch longer then the original bolt. They all say the same thing this is what’s suppose to be on my vehicle.  When it’s on it sticks out towards the rotor but does not touch.  Is this fine? Why is this bolt different then what’s on my car?  

3CE23B05-34A3-4EB0-97D7-CEBD8175268D.jpeg

easiest solution if you are still worried about it ,just remove the bolt and add a thick washer onto the bolt then re-tighten the bolt , problem solved..   P.S. not sure if its possible here but sometimes   2 bolts could be a different in length  size to be used in specific spots. upper and lower...have seen such a thing before but sure about on the caliper mounting flange.

Edited by 2late4u