And now for something completely different.....

OhareFred

Just got my 09 back from Fields CDJR in Glenview,IL.  Took it in because getting close to 100k miles and needed to have the timing belt changed (3.5 V6) and was due for an oil change. Dropped it off on Tuesday AM (was given one of their loaners to use).  Wednesday got a call, water pump was leaking.  Since the WP is covered under my Powertrain Warranty, they ordered it and was fixing it.  Thursday about 10am got a call, finished.  Went to pick it up, total bill was just under $650.  Oil change was covered under my maintenance contract and labor charge for the timing belt was deaply discounted, only paid for the actual time to change the belt,tensioner,etc. not getting to it or putting it back together.

car runs like the day I got it.  It was cleaned inside with a anti-viral agent.  Was raining out so didn’t care the car wash was closed. You won’t believe it but I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!! ????

No the entire cost was not there.  It was over $400 in timing belt related parts (belt, tensioners, pullies,etc.) and about $230 in labor fees. I know I was quoted around $1,100 if I paid for both the timing belt and water pump out of pocket, so I saved a bit.  The 09’s had a free lifetime power train from FCA because it was the first year model.  Every 5 year I take it to the dealer for an inspection and it stays in effect.  Original owners only.

Edited by OhareFred

• 10 months later...
On 5/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, Summer Solstice said:

Clearly the above account has been hacked. This is a Dodge forum and the poster does not have a complaint? :rant:

Thanks for the positive feedback on a dealer. There are too few of those.

that would be so if the vehicle wasnt such a poorly designed piece of crap! if you want positive comments make a vehicle that is reliable and easy to maintain. 

i smell class action(s) on these 3.6vvt AWDs for oil housing leaks due to poor design, radiator leaks for the same reason, heater core design, transmission design, and front end design or built in obsolescence issues. 

these new vehicles are really a scam! buy them and get pilfered by dealer maintenance the rest of your life! 

I'm done with mine.  5 months of nothing but, "what's going to go wrong today?"