Hello all! I just purchased my 2016 Dodge Journey R/T and I looove it! I’m having an issue, however, with my interior lights. They do not turn on when I (1) turn the ignition off and/or (2) open the drivers door. They do work fine when using the key fob to unlock the car, or when I open any of the other doors. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I’ve checked all of the obvious things... Looked through the manual, checked settings in UConnect and can’t find anything, dimmer switch is not the problem... Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Rtlifeisthelifeforme

So if you just slide dimmer switch to top setting with car off do they come on.? 
They should cycle off/on using this switch manually. If so you are correct it’s something else.

Check setting for passive entry under lights options in uconnect,  is it checked and opening/closing door locks automatically. 

There are some neat options for lights on this vehicle. I also like the button on that hatch for triggering power locks.

11 hours ago, Rtlifeisthelifeforme said:

Hello all! I just purchased my 2016 Dodge Journey R/T and I looove it! I’m having an issue, however, with my interior lights. They do not turn on when I (1) turn the ignition off and/or (2) open the drivers door. They do work fine when using the key fob to unlock the car, or when I open any of the other doors. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I’ve checked all of the obvious things... Looked through the manual, checked settings in UConnect and can’t find anything, dimmer switch is not the problem... Thanks in advance! 

i would say you have a problem with the drivers door switch as its the only door that doesn't turn on the lights check the wires going thur thur rubber boot between the door and the frame of the body, there was a problem there on some models with broken or bare wires.good luck

• Official Dodge Support
On 3/23/2020 at 1:11 AM, Rtlifeisthelifeforme said:

Hi Rtlifeisthelifeforme, We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your interior lights. If you're thinking you'd like to have this looked at by the dealer, let us know. We're available via direct message and can help with this process.
Rob
DodgeCares