Please help - driver window

Mcbusiness11

I have a 2017 Journey SXT and the driver window will not go up or down. It buzzes when you activate the switch, either way, but it makes a much faster buzzing when you try to lower it. I work for an auto glass company, so I'm very familiar with windows. I have taken the motor out and plugged it into the passenger side, and it worked just fine. I also bought another used switch that was tested good, and it did the same thing. All other buttons work, all other windows and locks work. 

I have a wiring problem. The motor does not try to actuate, so I dont think it has anything to do with the regulator. I think I have a lower voltage going to the driver switch, or maybe a bad ground. I just need some help. I know windows, regulators, but not wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It has been stuck at about 1/2 inch down for months now and my wife is getting annoyed obviously. Thank you in advance!

Seems odd that wiring would fail on such a new vehicle. Same for the motor. In either case, yes it is possible.

Given the fact that you are getting a buzzing sound, and you have tested the motor, are you sure you do not have a bind in the window? Maybe something small in between the window and the seal along the bottom? Just a thought.

I had a 1993 Grand Cherokee for quite a few years, drivers door window stopped working at 200k.

Drivers door gets more cycles so it often fails first.

If I gently flexed door  harness with door open, sometimes it started working again. This also confirmed where failure was. Eventually $5 of solder, multi strand wire and heat shrink fixed problem. 

You could activate  window switch with plug removed from motor  and see what voltage you are getting. The buzzing could be low voltage from frayed  door  harness.  Switch  will need to be removed from  door cover to plug back into harness.