Dodge Journey r/t 2015

Sean

Thanks that might make sense considering the tire pressure light is on registering the driver’s side rear tire to be low, but it’s not I check it frequently , also the airbag light is on

Edited by Sean

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Thanks that might make sense considering the tire pressure light is on registering the driver’s side rear tire to be low, but it’s not I check it frequently , also the airbag light is on

no.... its not connected to the tpms, sensor,,,, also with these lights on your cruise control wont work as well,i had thoes lights on as well but the car part stores scanners cant tell you which wheel is bad IF that is your problem, mine was the drivers front wheel that was bad ,,dealer was already doing some maintenance work on it and they fixed it for about $59 for the part and labor,, but my air bag light was not on

Now the car is having what feels like a transmission problem after it starts and on first acceleration ( only if all those lights are on) and then it’s fine...guessing it’s connected to the lights

Edited by Sean

55 minutes ago, Sean said:

Now the car is having what feels like a transmission problem after it starts and on first acceleration ( only if all those lights are on) and then it’s fine...guessing it’s connected to the lights

if its a wheel sensor going bad,your abs braking will not work you will still have brakes but not the anti skidding option, also as i said before your cruise control wont work with these lights on but this should not effect the transmission  operation

After the car starts and the lights come on ,, there is no power to the wheels,,then it feels like a downshift with a shutter sound I can feel it abruptly and everything is fine until the car is off and starts back again

run it by your local transmission garage they can scan it to see if they can fix it, usually no charge to just scan it but the dealership will charge. but you need to get it scanned to see what is causing the lights to come on and then address your other problem as well.good luck by the way is it a FWD or  AWD? mine is a fwd so maybe if it is awd maybe that does affect the transmission

Edited by 2late4u

• Official Dodge Support
17 hours ago, Sean said:

AWD I agree with getting scanned and in regards to the battery it is 5 yrs old ... maybe that plays a role thanks everyone 

Hi Sean, We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process. We are available via private message!
Rob
DodgeCares